Tiger Woods suffers new blow as he withdraws from Honda Classic
Last Updated: 19/02/15 11:54pm
Tiger Woods’ preparations for the Masters have taken another blow after he withdrew from next week’s Honda Classic.
Woods has not played since he pulled out of the Farmers Insurance Open earlier this month with a back injury.
The 14-time major winner said last week he would not return unless he believed he was “tournament-ready”.
"His manager spoke to us this afternoon and told us that Tiger will not play next week," Honda Classic media director Gary Ferman confirmed.
Former world No 1 Woods has slipped out of the top 50 players and does not qualify for the WGC-Cadillac Championship at Doral on March 5.
He could potentially make a return at the Valspar Championship on March 12 or following that the Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill - an event he's won eight times.
Two more events then follow before the first major of the year - The Masters at Augusta on April 9, leaving the American’s participation in doubt.
Watch the Honda Classic live on Sky Sports from February 26-March 1