Larry Nassar: 265 people claim they were abused by disgraced Olympics doctor
Wednesday 31 January 2018 18:06, UK
A judge says 265 people have come forward to say they were abused by disgraced Olympics doctor Larry Nassar.
More than 150 victims gave statements throughout his sentencing hearing last week, where a judge jailed him for between 40 and 175 years.
Scores of new victims are expected to speak over the next several days as he faces his third hearing, for molesting gymnasts at an elite Michigan club run by Olympic coach, John Geddert.
He has admitted to sexually abusing three girls under the guise of treatment. He faces a sentence of at least 25 years in prison on top of the sentences he has been handed, including 60 years for child abuse images.
His third hearing comes after the USA Gymnastics board of directors were told they must all resign or face termination proceedings.
All the directors agreed to stand down and the organisation announced today that the last remaining directors had stood down.
Judge Janice Cunningham will preside over this sentencing, where dozens of victims will give statements, in a hearing expected to unfold in much the same way as Nassar's previous hearing.