Stephen Curry became just the fourth NBA player in the last 10 years to score 50 or more points in the first three quarters of a game, pouring in 51 in the Golden State Warriors' 144-122 victory over the Washington Wizards.
- Points: Bradley Beal - 23
- Assists: John Wall - 6
- Rebounds: Morris/Oubre Jr/Smith - 4
Golden State Warriors
- Points: Stephen Curry - 51
- Assists: Draymond Green - 12
- Rebounds: Kevin Durant - 8
Curry sandwiched an eight-point second quarter with a 23-point burst in the first quarter and a further 20 points in the third period.
He joins James Harden, Carmelo Anthony and Warriors' team-mate Klay Thompson on the list of players to score 50 or more points in the first 36 minutes of an NBA game in the past decade.
Curry did not play in the fourth quarter, finishing three points under his career high of 54.
The 51 points were an NBA season high, surpassing the 50 scored by Detroit's Blake Griffin against Philadelphia on Tuesday night.
Curry did a majority of his scoring on three-pointers, hitting 11 of 16, the sixth time in his career that he has made 11 or more. His career high is 13.
Kevin Durant added 30 points and Thompson 19 for the Warriors, who improved to 3-0 at home this season.
Click the video at the top of the page to watch highlights of Curry's 51-point night
Wednesday night's scores
- Philadelphia 76ers 108-123 Milwaukee Bucks
- Minnesota Timberwolves 105-112 Toronto Raptors
- Dallas Mavericks 104-111 Atlanta Hawks
- Brooklyn Nets 102-86 Cleveland Cavaliers
- New York Knicks 87-110 Miami Heat
- Charlotte Hornets 110-112 Chicago Bulls
- Utah Jazz 100-89 Houston Rockets
- Indiana Pacers 116-96 San Antonio Spurs
- Los Angeles Lakers 131-113 Phoenix Suns
- Washington Wizards 122-144 Golden State Warriors
- Memphis Grizzlies 92-97 Sacramento Kings
Sky Sports is the new home of the NBA in the UK with live coverage throughout the week, including selected live games free to all Sky subscribers via Sky Sports Mix.