Paper Talk Regional
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Tottenham have not given up hope of bringing in Axel Witsel from Zenit St Petersburg.
- Arsenal were this morning attempting to open talks with Paris St Germain over the possible transfers of Edinson Cavani and Adrien Rabiot.
- Queens Park Rangers are in advanced talks to sign defender Gabriele Angella on loan from Watford.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Man Utd striker James Wilson will be allowed to leave on loan before this evening's transfer deadline if a suitable offer arrives.
- Roberto Martinez says paying £9.5m for Ramiro Funes Mori "reflects the value" of the defender.
- Liverpool defender Tiago Ilori is considering the chance to join Aston Villa on a season-long loan.
- Newcastle United winger Jonas Gutierrez has signed for La Liga side Deportivo de La Coruna.
- Sunderland midfielder Will Buckley is reportedly a deadline day target for Premier League new boys Bournemouth.
- Steven Fletcher is expected to still be a Sunderland player after the transfer deadline, despite speculation linking him with a move to Celtic.
- Tony Pulis is close to sealing a deal for Liverpool defender Jose Enrique in what would be West Bromwich Albion's eighth signing of the summer.
- Jonathan Walters look set to leave Stoke City on deadline day today after handing in a transfer request to speed up the process.
SOUTHERN DAILY ECHO
- Saints are today aiming to make Virgil van Dijk the most expensive defender in the club's history while also standing firm to hold on to their key players.
- Blackburn Rovers boss Gary Bowyer says his main aim for the final day of the transfer window is to keep his squad intact.
SOUTH WALES EVENING POST
- Jonathan Guzman's proposed move to Bournemouth appears to have fallen through.
- Brentford look to have won the race for Shrewsbury midfielder Ryan Woods.
YORKSHIRE EVENING POST
- Watford winger Lloyd Dyer emerged as a late transfer target for Leeds United.
- Derby County are reported to be among the clubs interested in taking Crystal Palace midfielder Jonathan Williams on loan.
- Nottingham Forest will look to complete loan deals for experienced striker Chris O'Grady before the transfer deadline.
- Nacional player Carlos De Pena could be on his way to Middlesbrough - if the Teesside club can beat the deadline.
- Newport County teenager Regan Poole is set to sign for Manchester United in a deal which could be worth up to £400,000 for the Welsh club.
THE BOLTON NEWS
- Bolton Wanderers boss Neil Lennon is ready to pounce if a striker becomes available on deadline day.
- Steve Clarke is delighted to have landed 'talented' Brazilian attacker Lucas Piazon on loan from Chelsea.
- Sheffield United have lodged a bid for Fulham defender Dan Burn.
- Huddersfield Town are set to part company with Adam Hammill, leaving the midfielder as a free agent.
GLASGOW EVENING TIMES
- Celtic are set to strengthen their squad with the signing of Ryan Christie and Jozo Simunovic before the summer transfer window closes today.
What the bookies say
More of the games that matter only on Sky Sports, the home of live sport.
- Spurs favourites to sign Wanyama
- Palace head Austin chase
- Benzema move still possible
- Balotelli set for Milan return
- Play Sky Sports Fantasy Football
Watch all the latest transfer news from Sky Sports News HQ
Manchester United say it is Real Madrid's fault, not theirs, that David de Gea's return to Spain collapsed on Monday.
Transfer Centre News
Motherwell seal Grimshaw loan
Motherwell have signed Manchester United U21 captain Liam Grimshaw on loan until January.
Hibernian sign Anier on loan
Hibernian have signed Henri Anier on loan from Dundee United until the end of the season.
Villa fail to land Berbatov
Aston Villa tried but failed to sign free agent Dimitar Berbatov on deadline day, according to Sky sources.
Most expensive teens
Man Utd's Anthony Martial is the most expensive teenager of all-time - here's the top 10.
Wenger faith justified?
Why Arsenal’s lack of transfer activity increases the pressure on Arsene Wenger and his forwards.
United's number one?
Should De Gea go straight back into Man Utd's starting XI? We look at Van Gaal's options.
Sky Bet Transfer Trends pulls in all the latest transfer window deals, rumours and chats from Twitter,