Paper Talk Regional
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Manchester City are very close to signing Real Madrid playmaker Isco according to reports in Spain.
- City have been linked again with Monaco's Kylian Mbappe.
- Ashley Young wants to complete a clean sweep of domestic medals before leaving Manchester United, according to reports.
- Eric Bailly has been one of the signings of the summer, according to former Manchester United defender Danny Higginbotham.
- Juan Mata admits 'it is not easy' for Paul Pogba to have the weight of expectation that comes with being the world's most expensive footballer.
- A Bola reports Benfica's president Luis Filipe Vieira has flown in to Manchester for talks with United about right-back Nelson Semedo, 23, and is also negotiating a deal with City for goalkeeper Ederson Moraes.
- Atletico Madrid want Antoinne Griezmann to remain at the club for one more season while they work on a deal for his compatriot and France team-mate Alexandre Lacazette, according to reports.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- The man on the end of the tackle that earned Tottenham star Dele Alli a red card feared he had suffered a serious injury because of it.
- Arsenal players are in the dark over whether Arsene Wenger will stay on as manager beyond the end of the season.
- A furious row has broken out between the boss of Tottenham Hotspur and senior figures at City Hall and Haringey council over the funding of the club's £750m new stadium.
- Liverpool are among a number of clubs interested in the French striker Alexandre Lacazette, according to reports.
- Joe Williams is determined to put a "hard year" behind him after signing a new deal with Everton.
- Ronald Koeman believes Wayne Rooney would have made a mistake if he had moved to play in China - just like an Everton transfer target did last summer.
- Newcastle United have the depth to cope with Dwight Gayle's injury absence, according to club captain Jamaal Lascelles.
- Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce has confirmed that former Blackburn Rovers defender Chris Samba is training with the club.
- Blues directors led by Panos Pavlakis have staged special meetings with players, support staff and St Andrew's employees in a show of unity for manager Gianfranco Zola.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Tony Pulis is set to be offered a new West Brom contract at the start of next season.
HULL DAILY MAIL
- Hull City fans will give a minute's applause in tribute to a popular East Yorkshire teacher who died while playing football.
- Blackburn Rovers head coach Tony Mowbray believes he can lead the club to Championship safety and wants that to be the start of an exciting new Ewood era.
- Leicester City chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha has asked fans to respect his decision to sack manager Claudio Ranieri.
WEST LONDON SPORT
- QPR boss Ian Holloway says Yeni Ngbakoto's recent weight-loss regime has been a major success.
YORKSHIRE EVENING POST
- Kyle Bartley says there will be no holding back as the centre-back looks to dodge a two-match suspension by avoiding a yellow card in Leeds United's next four games.
SOUTH WALES EVENING POST
- Swansea have received a significant boost ahead of their trip to Stamford Bridge following the news that Federico Fernandez has signed a new contract at the club.
- Sir John Madejski has hailed the impact made by Reading FC manager Jaap Stam so far this season bit admits he will be difficult to keep hold of.
What the bookies say
- Messi for Man City?
- Brighton head Lampard odds
- Fulham keen on Keane
- Hammers linked with Sturridge
- Next PL manager to go prices
Watch all the latest transfer news from Sky Sports News HQ
Wayne Rooney has released a statement saying that he will be staying with Manchester United.
Transfer Centre News
Bentaleb to join Schalke
Nabil Bentaleb will become a Schalke player on a permanent basis at the end of his season-long loan from Tottenham.
Young still on Shandong radar
Ashley Young remains a target for Chinese club Shandong Luneng ahead of Tuesday's deadline, according to Sky sources.
'Rooney too good for China'
Wayne Rooney is too good for a move to China, says Paul Merson, who would like to see him end his career with Everton.
Premier League questions
Will a fortnight off help? Can Chelsea steal a march? Will Leicester stop the rot? All your Premier League questions answered...
EFL Cup final: Key reading
Analysis, features, tactics... essential reading ahead of the EFL Cup final between Man Utd and Southampton all in one place.
EFL Cup final: The tactics
From Man Utd's "unsung hero" to Southampton's dangerman - Danny Higginbotham's tactical preview of the EFL Cup final.
Sky Bet Transfer Trends pulls in all the latest transfer window deals, rumours and chats from Twitter