Paper Talk Regional
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Ryan Mason as urged Harry Kane to resist the lure of Europe's top clubs and stay at Tottenham for the long term.
- Louis van Gaal said he is not worried by his team's lack of goals as Manchester United prepare to face table-topping Leicester and Jamie Vardy tomorrow.
- Jose Mourinho does not believe Tottenham have been disadvantaged by travelling to Azerbaijan for a Europa League match just three days before their London derby.
- Jack Wilshere is keen to do his young family proud when he returns to action for Arsenal in the coming weeks.
- Arsene Wenger will assess whether Calum Chambers is ready to play in a defensive midfield role before deciding if he will buy a replacement for Francis Coquelin in the January transfer window.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- James Wilson admits it was an 'easy' decision to leave Man Utd on a season-long loan move to Brighton.
- Gary Neville has backed Louis van Gaal's decision to send James Wilson on loan to Brighton.
- David Silva is ready to return for Manchester City against Southampton on Saturday.
- Mamadou Sakho admits he feared his season was over as the relieved Liverpool defender revealed he is on course to make his comeback over the festive period.
- Kolo Toure has urged his Liverpool team-mates to stay "calm" as they look to restore the Anfield "fear factor".
- Roberto Martinez hopes the Champions League form of Dynamo Kiev and Wolfsburg shows how good Everton were in Europe last season.
- Sam Allardyce says he couldn't resist the lure of the Sunderland job, as after only a few months out of work he was "missing it so much".
- The Sunderland boss is keen to keep his January transfer dealings to a minimum, but says it will depend on how his existing players perform.
- Liam Bridcutt is unsure whether he has any chance of a future at Sunderland after joining Leeds United at least until January.
- Aston Villa skipper Micah Richards believes the club have become easy to beat because players don't have the right mentality.
- Birmingham City must decide whether to hand debuts to emergency loan signings Greg Halford and James Vaughan in tomorrow's trip to Brighton.
- West Brom defender Jonas Olsson has defended Tony Pulis' cautious approach and stressed results came before entertainment.
EXPRESS & STAR
- Winger Jordan Graham is itching for another chance in the Wolves first team on Saturday.
- West Brom coach Ben Garner has challenged winger James McClean to add goals to his game.
- Stoke boss Mark Hughes has declared that his players are firmly on course to break their Premier League record of 54 points.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Ronald Koeman has swatted away rumours over a possible big money move for Sadio Mane by insisting "we sell nobody in January."
- Shane Long will be handed the chance to stake his claim for an extended run in the Saints side with Ronald Koeman placing his faith in the striker to replace Graziano Pelle at Manchester City.
HULL DAILY MAIL
- Steve Bruce has backed Robert Snodgrass to resurrect his career as the "complete midfielder" after being cleared to make his long-awaited Hull City comeback against Derby County this evening.
- Claudio Ranieri hopes Leicester City's long-term goal will convince his key players that their future is better served by staying at the King Power Stadium.
SOUTH WALES EVENING POST
- Paul Merson has warned that Swansea City could be "ripped to shreds" if Liverpool perform as well against Garry Monk's team as they did against Manchester City.
THE PINK UN
- Norwich City keeper John Ruddy aims to prove his critics wrong by showing he is still one of the best in the Premier League.
- Bournemouth's midfield talisman Harry Arter insists the reputation the Cherries have gained for all-out attacking football is unfounded.
What the bookies say
More of the games that matter only on Sky Sports, the home of live sport.
- Betting opens on Messi's next club
- Villa favourites to sign free agent Adebayor
- Real Madrid favourites to land Hazard
- QPR head Crouch's next club betting
- Play Soccer Saturday Super 6
Watch all the latest transfer news from Sky Sports News HQ
Could Jamie Vardy play for a top-six Premier League club? Jamie Carragher, Gary Neville and Peter Schmeichel have their say...
Transfer Centre News
Deila to act over Stokes outburst
Celtic boss Ronny Deila has told Sky Sports News HQ he will take action over Anthony Stokes' social media outburst.
Neymar plans Barca extension
Neymar says he plans to end speculation over his future by signing a new contract with Barcelona.
Nuno resigns as Valencia boss
Nuno Espirito Santo has resigned as Valencia manager following the side's 1-0 defeat by Sevilla in La Liga.
Costa tensions rising
Jose Mourinho's strained relations with Diego Costa could hamper Chelsea’s recovery.
Sanchez risk is costly
Should Arsene Wenger have seen Alexis Sanchez’s hamstring injury coming? We take a look.
Ranieri has changed it
Why Claudio Ranieri still deserves more credit for Leicester's astonishing form this season.
Sky Bet Transfer Trends pulls in all the latest transfer window deals, rumours and chats from Twitter,