Manny Pacquiao has vowed to chase Floyd Mayweather into ring submission after the undefeated American offered to fight him next year.
Mayweather issued a May 2 challenge to the Filipino star on Friday and Pacquiao appears ready to agree to a first showdown between the two long-time rivals for the title of best "pound-for-pound" boxer of their generation
"He (Mayweather) has reached a dead end. He has nowhere to run but to fight me," said Pacquiao.
"I will try my best to make this a thrilling and entertaining fight. But I doubt if he's gonna engage me in a slugfest.
"You all know his fighting style. Most of his previous fights, if not all, induced us to sleep."
Should the fight happen, Pacquiao, who turns 36 on Wednesday, said he will do to Mayweather, 37, what he did to another previously undefeated American, Chris Algieri, who lost to the WBO welterweight champion in Macau last month.
"I know what I have to do. I will chase him wherever he goes just in case he decides to run around the ring. We will devise a good fight plan against him," Pacquiao said.
Pacquiao also insists the division of the purse - the fight is expected to be the richest in boxing history - is not an issue for him.
"Mayweather can get the amount he wants. As early as January this year, I challenged him to a charity fight. Until now, he has not agreed to it. So, money is not the issue in our fight," he added.
"This fight is about legacy, this is about making the fans happy and, above all, this is for the good of boxing."