Anthony Joshua's proposed rematch with Wladimir Klitschko has a likely venue of the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, says promoter Eddie Hearn.
A second world heavyweight title fight between Joshua and Klitschko is set to take place in November, and Hearn flew out to Nevada this week to hold meetings with MGM bosses about staging the bout in their 20,000 seated facility.
Hearn revealed last month that Las Vegas was the preferred option, despite interest in Dubai, Nigeria and Cardiff, and was impressed with the state-of-the-art venue, which only opened in April last year.
There is a huge appetite from both sides to hold the rematch there and we will be talking further over the next week or so to see if that can become a reality.
"We met with Richard Sturm and the team at MGM in Las Vegas yesterday and had a full tour of the T-Mobile Arena which is very impressive," Hearn told Sky Sports.
"There is a huge appetite from both sides to hold the rematch there and we will be talking further over the next week or so to see if that can become a reality."
The T-Mobile Arena has already hosted two fights for the hugely popular Mexican Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez and it was the chosen location for Floyd Mayweather's showdown with UFC star Conor McGregor on August 26.
Negotiations are expected to continue in the next few weeks and MGM are eager to secure another major boxing bout to their event calendar.
An MGM Resorts International spokesman said: "I don't know how close we are, but I can tell you that there are discussions taking place and hopefully it would be a great opportunity to have the chance to host the fight."
Asked about a final decision on the venue, he added: "We are in early discussions now. Hopefully over the next couple of weeks."