Renault have launched their new R28 - a car they hope will return them to the head of the pack.
2005/06 World Champions hoping to return to front of the pack
Renault have launched their R28, a car they hope that, piloted by Fernando Alonso and Nelson Piquet Jr., will see them return to the head of the Formula One pack.
The challenger was unveiled in Paris on Thursday and has the same livery as last season's car.
Renault's F1 president Bernard Rey said: "We expect to see the team back in its normal place, fighting at the front of the field.
"This is the target the team has set for the new car. On the technical side, everybody has worked hard to overcome the problems encountered last year."
Problems
Grappling with a R27 car which struggled to adapt to a switch to Bridgestone tyres, the Enstone constructor failed to defend their World title in 2007.
But technical director Bob Bell said they have moved to solve the problems which blighted the R28's predecessor.
"2007 was a very poor year by our standards," he said. "For 2008, there are high expectations inside and outside the team, and it is down to us to give the drivers a competitive car.
"We have put the problems from 2007 behind us and in terms of the car design, we have looked at the problem afresh.
"The team pushed very hard in all areas, and particularly on the aerodynamics. The front end of the car has come in for special attention with a brand new front wing and the front suspension. The rear end has also been heavily reworked, and we haven't neglected the basics.
"The car ran reliably in its first test, and we made encouraging progress on performance development last week.
"We are confident that the advances we have seen in the wind tunnel will be reflected on track."