PETRONAS open global search for trackside fluid engineer
Last Updated: 10/07/18 12:33pm
PETRONAS have opened a global search for a trackside fluid engineer to become part of the Mercedes team, the current F1 world champions and PETRONAS' partners.
PETRONAS are searching for 'qualified, passionate, driven and responsive individuals' from anywhere around the world to join the team and be part of the technical specialists who form the Mercedes-PETRONAS trackside support team.
"PETRONAS has been integral to the team's success and our partnership played a fundamental role in the four consecutive world championship titles we have won together so far," said Toto Wolff, the F1 boss at Mercedes.
"Their technical expertise when it comes to modern Formula One power units has been of great value to the team, and we have enjoyed a competitive edge from their fuels and lubricants. Having experts in fluid engineering as part of the team in a dedicated trackside fuel lab has given us an advantage, as it means that we can run many of the tests required at the track. We know that our employees are the key to our success and are very excited about [Petronas Lubricants International] PLI's initiative to scout and nurture new talent to support us trackside."
The search for the next Trackside Fluid Engineer is open until 7 October 2018. The criteria for application are:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Automotive Engineering (or equivalent), Chemistry, Physics or documented related experience.
- At least 2 years' working experience in a related field.
- General knowledge of analytical chemical techniques and instruments.
- General understanding of lubricants (engine and gearbox) and fuel technologies.
- Demonstrated ability and drive to quickly learn new skills on the job
- Strong communication skills and positive attitude to respond to the team's requirements and priorities;
- Motivation and passion to promote PETRONAS and the F1 team to guests and partners;
- Proficiency in English.
Interested candidates can visit PETRONAS Lubricants International LinkedIn page