A report in the Telegraph says there are increasing concerns over Donington's ability to host the British GP in 2010.
Unpaid fees could leave Donington Park in trouble
Concerns over the future of the British Grand Prix continue to grow despite assurances from Donington Park chief executive Simon Gillett.
The Leicestershire track is set to take over from Silverstone as host of the British GP after this season and officials will reveal how the circuit will look in 17 months' time - via a sophisticated Williams F1 simulator - on Wednesday.
However, with the ongoing global financial crisis Gillett could struggle to raise the £100 million he needs to turn the circuit into one of the world's leading motorsport venues.
Gillett earlier this week denied reports that Donington Ventures Leisure Ltd, his company that operates the circuit, has debts of £66.7million and maintained that work on the track started last month.
"It's business as usual at Donington Park and absolutely nothing has changed," he said.
"Work is continuing on site and all of our staff are completely focused on delivering a full and exciting calendar of events this year ahead of our hosting of the British Grand Prix in July next year."
However,
Telegraph Sport reports: "Gillett has been served a writ by Donington Park founder Tom Wheatcroft over alleged unpaid rent.
"Wheatcroft & Son Ltd declined to comment but if the 85-year-old - who was made president of Donington Ventures Leisure Ltd when Gillett's company took on the circuit's lease in 2007 - has lost faith in Gillett, this could be a big blow to Donington's attempt to stage the British GP.
"It has also emerged that security firm McKenzie Arnold have pulled their men off the Donington site in a dispute over alleged unpaid fees dating back to August 2008."