- Paulo Fonseca is poised to succeed Steve Bruce as Newcastle boss - with Frank Lampard understood to have pulled out of the running.
- A Premier League star and his terrified wife were reportedly tied up by masked thugs carrying machetes in a horrifying robbery at their home.
- Cristiano Ronaldo gave his stunned team-mates the hairdryer treatment after they went 2-0 down against Atalanta.
- Bruno Fernandes told Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to alter his tactics after Manchester United's first-half horror show against Atalanta.
- Manchester United star Paul Pogba has launched the world's first vegan and gender-neutral football boots.
- Antoine Griezmann has stepped up post-career plans to become a top agent after his company appointed former Manchester United striker Terry Gibson to give them a foothold in the Premier League.
- Wolves star Pedro Neto will hold talks with the club doctor in Portugal next week with the winger no closer to returning from the knee injury that has kept him out since February.
- Graeme Jones is likely to remain interim manager of Newcastle United until the next international break as the various members of the consortium continue to discuss who should replace Steve Bruce.
- Crisis-hit UK Athletics has been urged to fill its sudden leadership void with people embedded in the sport as athletes and coaches hit out at the recently departed regime, hailing "finally this mess can come to an end".
- British Cycling has been hit by another doping controversy after the Paralympic sprint rider Erin McBride received a three-year ban for the use of a prohibited substance.
Win £250,000 with Super 6!
Another Saturday, another chance to win £250,000 with Super 6. Play for free, entries by 3pm.
What the bookies say