Questions for Formula 1 2018
The as-yet-unanswered questions F1 will have to grapple with in 2018, on and off the track...
Last Updated: 30/12/17 7:35am
* Will Ferrari quit Formula 1?
* After dropping Honda for Renault, will McLaren finally return to the front of the grid?
* And will they beat Red Bull on equal power?
* Will 2018 be the year of Verstappen v Hamilton?
* Will Ferrari and Mercedes remain brothers in arms off the track?
* Will the teams, and the sport, last the pace of five grands prix in six weeks?
* Will Renault confirm they will stop supplying Red Bull at the end of 2018?
* And if they do, who will become Red Bull's next engine providers?
* Will Daniel Ricciardo sign a new contract with Red Bull?
* And if he doesn't, where will he sign for 2019?
* Will a team other than Ferrari, Mercedes or Red Bull win a race for the first time in five years?
* How many of Pirelli's nine different tyre types will actually be used?
* Will Force India remain the best of the rest or will the big guns behind them in 2017 finally stop firing blanks?
* Will Toro Rosso-Honda prop up the grid?
* Will Lewis Hamilton or Sebastian Vettel claim a fifth title?
* Will Renault convert off-track progress into on-track gains?
* And will they catch up to Mercedes and Ferrari's engine performance?
* Will the hints Aston Martin could join F1 become an actual commitment?
* Will Mercedes' dominance be stopped?
* How many racing series will Fernando Alonso compete in?
* Will Kimi Raikkonen earn another contract extension at Ferrari?
* Will the sun finally shine all weekend at Silverstone?
* How many people will simultaneously watch the French GP and England v Panama on June 24?
* How many times will the phrase 'logistically challenging' be used in the build-up to F1 first-ever triple header?
* Which celebrity will blank Mr Brundle during Martin's Gridwalk?
* Will Baku deliver a repeat worthy of the description?
* Will Daniel Ricciardo close the qualifying gap to Max Verstappen at Red Bull?
* Will Valtteri Bottas start 2018 where he left off in 2017?
* How long will Lewis Hamilton's new deal with Mercedes be?
* Will the Mercedes W09 be another diva?
* How much difference will Alfa Romeo make to Sauber?
* Will Marcus Ericsson score his first points in F1 since the 2015 Italian GP?
* Will Silverstone's future in F1 be resolved?
* Will Liberty Media sign up its first 'destination city'?
* Will Charles Leclerc justify the hype?
* Will Esteban Ocon emerge as Mercedes' heir apparent?
* How soon will the teams agree on F1's 2021 rules?
* Which young Brit will land a 2019 race seat first?
* Will any team stay inside 2018's three-engine limit?
* And how soon before somebody says 'we said that wouldn't work'?
* Will Michael Buffer return in Austin?
* Can we please have some good news about Michael?
Sky Sports F1 is the only place to watch every Formula 1 Grand Prix, qualifying and practice session live in 2018. Get Sky Sports F1.