"Mr McGregor is steadfast in his denial of all the accusations made by a guest on his boat," UFC star's spokesperson says; Spanish media reports say the incident is alleged to have happened in July last year after McGregor celebrated his birthday in Ibiza
Wednesday 25 January 2023 13:50, UK
Conor McGregor has denied allegations he assaulted a woman aboard his yacht in Ibiza last year.
Spanish newspaper Ultima Hora reported that an investigation has been opened by Ibizan authorities in light of the woman's accusations.
And the UFC star's spokesperson Karen Kessler issued a statement in response, saying: "Mr McGregor is steadfast in his denial of all the accusations made by a guest on his boat."
The incident is alleged to have happened in July last year as McGregor celebrated his 34th birthday.
The report says the unnamed woman was invited onto the yacht after he recognised her as someone he knew from his hometown of Dublin.
McGregor is alleged to have punched her the following morning, prompting her to jump into the sea, where she was picked up by a boat.
The Irishman, who has not been charged, last fought in July 2021, suffering a TKO loss to Dustin Poirier.
McGregor broke his leg in the bout but is expected to return in 2023, his coach John Kavanagh has said.