Golden State Warriors forward Kevin Durant will not play in Game 2 of the Western Conference finals Thursday night due to a calf strain, according to reports.
Golden State Warriors 1-0 Portland Trail Blazers
- Game 1: Trail Blazers 94-116 Warriors | Box Score
- Game 2: Trail Blazers @ Warriors, May 17, 2am
- Game 3: Warriors @ Trail Blazers, May 19, 2am
- Game 4: Warriors @ Trail Blazers, May 21, 2am
- Game 5 if necessary: Trail Blazers @ Warriors, May 23, 2am
- Game 6 if necessary: Warriors @ Trail Blazers, May 25, 2am
- Game 7 if necessary: Trail Blazers @ Warriors, May 23, 2am
- All games broadcast live on Sky Sports Arena
Yahoo Sports reported Durant will miss his third consecutive playoff game, having sat out Tuesday's 116-94 Game 1 win over the Portland Trail Blazers and last Friday's 118-113 Game 6 close-out victory over the Houston Rockets.
The two-time NBA Finals MVP leads all scorers this postseason with 34.2 points per game, adding 5.2 rebounds and 4.9 assists in 11 games.
Earlier this week, Warriors coach Steve Kerr cautioned that Durant was not close to returning.
"I think everyone needs to slow down a little bit on the Kevin stuff," Kerr said Monday. "He hasn't even stepped on the floor yet."
Durant, who helped Golden State win NBA championships in each of the past two seasons, is scheduled to have his calf re-evaluated Thursday.
Get NBA news on your phone
Want the latest NBA news, features and highlights on your phone? Find out more
The Trail Blazers face the Warriors in Game 2 of the Western Conference Finals in the early hours of Friday morning (2am), live on Sky Sports Arena.