Debate Podcast: Graham Gooch and Bob Willis reflect on England's 2-2 Ashes draw with Australia
Last Updated: 16/09/19 9:42am
Another win at the Oval for England provided Joe Root with a fitting climax to the international summer of 2019 - the Ashes drawn 2-2.
Graham Gooch joined Bob Willis and Charles Colvile in the Ashes Debate studio to reflect on the hosts' resounding 135-run success, which caps one of the most memorable summer's in English history.
Our panel reflects on the pick of the action from the Oval.
Listen or subscribe on:
Also on the latest Ashes Debate podcast…
- Did England win because they were the more determined and focused side - and did Australia take their foot off the gas?
- Does the final scoreline represent a fair result for two closely-matched sides? Does England's final Test win cover up a number of deficiencies?
- Whether Matthew Wade has cemented his place in Australia's Test side with one of the tourists' five centuries in the series
- The impact that Jack Leach has made on England's Test side and what his progress means for the international future of Moeen Ali
- Why no praise is too high for Stuart Broad after an impressive series of 23 wickets, particularly given the absence of new-ball partner James Anderson
- Analysis of Joe Root's captaincy and tactics - and his prospects as England's long-term second spinner!
- Australia's position in the global game after the scandal of 'sandpaper-gate' - and just how good their seam attack is