Sky Cricket Podcast: Jack Leach's century, plus another England batting collapse
Bob Willis, Jonathan Trott and Charles Colvile talk Leach's ton, plus batting woes for Jonny Bairstow and Moeen Ali
Last Updated: 25/07/19 9:08pm
Will Ireland pull off a shock win over England at Lord's?
That result remains very much on after England's middle order malfunctioned once Jason Roy fell for 72 and nightwatchman Jack Leach was out for 92 - the hosts leading by just 181 with two wickets in hand.
On the Cricket Debate, Bob Willis, Jonathan Trott and host Charles Colvile assess the state of the game and England, who will be back in Test action against Australia in the Ashes from next Thursday.
Listen or subscribe on:
Listen to the show above or by downloading it here as Bob, Trotty and Charles discuss...
- Are England favourites in this delicately-poised Test match?
- Leach showing his colleagues how to bat at the top of the order
- Another English nightwatchman to fall short of three figures!
- How young batsmen have not been taught the art of sticking at the crease for long periods of time
- How Roy is good enough to think on his feet and adapt to Test cricket
- If Jonny Bairstow should give up the gloves to focus on his batting
- Could Leach play as England's sole spinner in the Ashes instead of Moeen Ali?
- How Ireland captain William Porterfield handled his bowlers well on a sweltering day at Lord's
Watch day three of the one-off Test between England and Ireland live on Sky Sports Cricket (channel 404) and Sky Sports Main Event (channel 401) from 10.30am on Friday.