Nico Rosberg: Max Verstappen my 'most annoying' Formula 1 rival
"The risk of a DNF, it increases like ten-fold!"; plus, Rosberg selects his four favourite features in latest 'At Home With Sky F1' episode
Last Updated: 15/04/20 4:34pm
Nico Rosberg says he is a "huge fan" of Max Verstappen but has also labelled the Dutchman as the "most annoying" rival from his F1 career.
The former world champion and Sky F1 pundit had plenty of run-ins with Verstappen, who has built a reputation as one of the sport's fastest and most combative racers.
Answering questions from fans on the Sky F1 Vodcast, Rosberg promptly selected Verstappen as the most annoying driver he has raced against - citing battles during the climax to his title-winning 2016 season.
"I'm a huge fan of his, he's an amazing driver and so good for F1, so much fun to watch," said Rosberg.
"But my god, having him around in the races! The risk of a DNF for myself, it increases like ten-fold.
"On my way to the championship, I had him around me every race in the last four races. He passed me I think in three of those four races, in a tussle."
Verstappen moved from Toro Rosso to Red Bull in 2016, and Rosberg had to pass the youngster in the season-ending Abu Dhabi GP to win the championship.
Since Rosberg's retirement, Verstappen has won seven more races and was a favourite for the 2020 title before the season's delay.
Catch up with our Sky F1 Vodcasts:
- Episode 7: Remembering the great Sir Stirling Moss
- Episode 6: Sky F1 Easter Special
- Episode 5: Brawn & Brown's in-depth F1 debate
- Episode 4: Stokes, Albon chat virtual racing, cricket vs F1
- Episode 3: Lando Norris special featuring Rosberg and Ant
- Episode 2: F1 rule changes and Wolff rumours
- Episode 1: Button, Brundle & co chat F1
AT HOME WITH SKY F1: NICO ROSBERG
Rosberg has been the subject of Sky Sports F1's features as a driver as well as a pundit, and he selected his favourites in the latest episode of 'At Home With Sky F1'.
- Dune buggy battling with then Mercedes team-mate Lewis Hamilton
- Driving a Mercedes 280sl around Monaco and up into the mountains with Simon Lazenby
- Hitting the Monaco track with his father Keke in their title-winning cars
- Reflecting on the 2016 Abu Dhabi GP and his career
Have a watch above!