- Cristiano Ronaldo and his family have switched mansions after bleating sheep kept waking them.
- Bruno Fernandes is closing in on a new five-year Manchester United deal worth more than £250,000-a-week.
- Antonio Conte is keeping tabs on the Manchester United job as he eyes a sensational return to the Premier League, according to reports.
- Inter Milan legend Diego Milito has lashed out at Romelu Lukaku for making false promises to the club's fans before his exit.
- Napoli chief Aurelio De Laurentiis has revealed plans for a new European league worth £8.5billion.
- Antonio Rudiger's talks over a new and improved contract at Chelsea beyond the end of the season have stalled, raising the prospect that he could sign a pre-contract agreement with another club in January.
- Ilkay Gundogan has been promoted to Manchester City vice-captain following a vote by Pep Guardiola's players and backroom staff this week, demoting Kevin de Bruyne.
- Chelsea are being made to sweat over the future of Antonio Rudiger with the defender stalling over the club's offer of a new £140,000-a-week contract.
- Chris Hughton is set to leave his job as Nottingham Forest manager after a seventh Championship defeat of the season.
- Plans to ban those who refuse to be vaccinated against coronavirus from attending football matches and other major sporting events were on Wednesday branded "disgraceful".
- Helmut Marko, the Red Bull advisor, has cast apparent doubt on Lewis Hamilton's claims that his "sore neck" was getting worse following his crash with Max Verstappen.
- Fly-half Marcus Smith is on course to return from Lions duty for Harlequins' Premiership semi-final rematch against Bristol Bears on October 8.
- Tottenham have been handed a double injury boost ahead of Sunday's clash against Chelsea as Heung-Min Son and Eric Dier are both hopeful of being fit.
- Derby County are set to be handed a 12-point penalty after a breakthrough in talks with the EFL.
- The first adult football match with heading restrictions will take place later this month as researchers try to discover whether the game can function without it and reduce the risk of dementia for players.
- Diego Maradona is to be the subject of a global documentary on his time at Napoli - in the style of 'The Last Dance' Netflix series on basketball great Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls.
- Team Europe have secured an exemption from US travel restrictions to allow players' wives and girlfriends to fly out for next week's Ryder Cup.
- Chris Wilder is eyeing the Nottingham Forest job as Chris Hughton works flat out to get results going his way.
- Former England international Carlton Palmer made a surprise return to football on Tuesday night at the age of 55 when he was named on the Grantham subs bench.
- Bernd Leno was visibly frustrated during Arsenal's training session on Wednesday as the Gunners prepare for their Premier League clash with Burnley this weekend.
- Tottenham chief Daniel Levy is not willing to bend to Harry Kane's demands over a new contract.
- Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius reportedly turned down an exit from the Anfield club this summer in order to keep his 'large wages'.
- Everton star Richarlison has done nothing to dispel rumours linking him with a move to PSG after posting a tweet singing the praises of Lionel Messi, Neymar and Kylian Mbappe.
- Former Arsenal midfielder David Hillier has revealed Jack Wilshere will not be returning to Arsenal as a player despite rumours hinting at a permanent move.
- Former Sheffield Wednesday defender Carlton Palmer named himself on the bench for seventh tier Grantham Town's visit to Ashton United on Tuesday night.
- Manuel Pellegrini reckons Joe Hart is the perfect man to take on the Celtic armband Thursday night.
- Robbie Brady will not be joining Swansea City confirms manager Russell Martin, with the Irishman still a free agent after summer links to Celtic.
Win £250,000 with Super 6!
Another Saturday, another chance to win £250,000 with Super 6. Play for free, entries by 3pm.
What the bookies say
Paul Pogba has been impressed by Manchester United's recruitment over the summer and is now more open to signing a contract extension.
More Transfer Rumours
Transfer Centre News
All the latest transfer news and rumours with updates on the futures of Robert Lewandowski, Antonio Rudiger, Connor Goldson and more!
Klopp on no Origi offer: 'People don't watch football enough!'
Jurgen Klopp admitted he was surprised at the lack of interest in Liverpool striker Divock Origi in the summer, saying: "Obviously people don’t watch football enough!"
Leonardo expects Mbappe to extend PSG stay
Paris Saint-Germain sporting director Leonardo is confident Kylian Mbappe will not leave the club at the end of the season.
Johnson: Philosophy, leadership & Sunderland promotion aims
Sunderland boss Lee Johnson discusses his philosophy, rising star Dan Neil, leadership groups and his hopes of progress and promotion at the Stadium of Light.
Liverpool rampant but Van Dijk missed
Liverpool were rampant in their 3-2 win over AC Milan but their defensive lapses showed what they lose without Virgil van Dijk.
Was Solskjaer to blame for United defeat?
Manchester United have added some huge signings but this was a defeat engineered from the dugout.