Paper Talk Regional
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Manchester City have seen their odds slashed on a deal to sign Ruben Neves in the January transfer window. The Wolves midfielder has impressed during his debut season in the Premier League and recent reports suggest the 21-year-old is on the radar of Pep Guardiola.
- Harry Maguire admits it would be 'difficult' to turn down a move to a side playing in the Champions League but wants to 'show something back' to Leicester for helping him to realise his World Cup dream.
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Chelsea legend Michael Essien believes N'Golo Kante will benefit from the arrival of Jorginho at Stamford Bridge because the World Cup winner now has the chance to improve the attacking side of his game.
- Jamie Carragher says the Liverpool players were shocked when Chelsea paid £50m for Fernando Torres because they knew the Spanish striker was past his best. And the Kop legend believes that Manchester United made a similar mistake in signing Alexis Sanchez from Arsenal.
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has taken another step towards a Liverpool return after reaching a new landmark in his ongoing rehabilitation.
- Wayne Rooney believes he would still be an Everton player had he not dropped into midfield midway through last season.
- Achraf Lazaar has been handed a glimmer of hope at Newcastle United after Rafa Benitez revealed he is monitoring the Morocco international's progress.
- Rafa Benitez will be shopping in the bargain basement again when the January window opens for business. Newcastle spent just £23m on permanent deals over the summer, and there has been no assurances from boardroom level that Mike Ashley is prepared to splash out in January, despite the club's precarious position.
- Didier Ndong's exit means Sunderland can focus on signings rather than sales in January - much to Jack Ross' relief.
- Jack Ross is confident that he will be backed in January, 'within reason'.
- Tony Pulis is excited about Lewis Wing's Middlesbrough future and delighted with the way the midfielder has handled himself in recent months.
- Meanwhile, Pulis would support plans to reduce the number of teams in the Championship. However, the Middlesbrough manager is not in favour of a Premier League II.
- Dean Smith has decided to ditch the traditional approach of using a regular captain on matchdays at Aston Villa. The new boss wants a 'leadership group' rather than an individual who players turn to in the time of need, so he will instead select a skipper on a game-by-game basis.
- Nicolai Brock-Madsen is not eligible to play for Birmingham City despite cutting short his loan with St Mirren.
- Arsenal boss Unai Emery admits Leicester City's star striker Jamie Vardy will pose a huge threat to the Gunners.
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has thanked Derby County for the "brilliant job" they are doing with Harry Wilson.
- Derby County boss Frank Lampard is pleased to see Luke Thomas is making an impact in his loan spell at Coventry City.
- Sean Dyche is hoping recruiting a technical director at Burnley will take some of the pressure off his shoulders and help the club in the transfer market.
- Meanwhile, Dyche doesn't believe Joe Hart is heading back to the Etihad Stadium with a point to prove this weekend.
- Finally, Dyche has hinted that he won't stand in Tom Heaton's way should the Clarets captain ask to leave Turf Moor in January.
- Defender Nathan Ake tipped David Brooks to reach the top after hailing his impressive start to the season.
WEST LONDON SPORT
- Antonio Rudiger and Mateo Kovacic are expected to be available for Chelsea against Manchester United but Ross Barkley looks likely to miss out and there are concerns over Ethan Ampadu.
- QPR are set to sign youngsters Lewis Walker and Charlie Rowan.
- Brighton boss Chris Hughton is weighing up whether to recall Martin Montoya after revealing he left the Spaniard out against West Ham.
- Manager Paul Clement says Sone Aluko's record at previous clubs proves he can still be a valuable asset to Reading.
What the bookies say
- Transfer RequestABets
- Maguire on the move?
- Summer switch for Bale?
- Real favs for Neymar
- Play Super 6
Watch all the latest transfer news from Sky Sports News HQ
Manchester City and Leroy Sane are in talks over a fresh contract for the Germany international, Pep Guardiola confirmed on Friday.
Transfer Centre News
Euro Papers: Conte to replace Lopetegui
Real Madrid line up Antonio Conte to replace under-fire boss Julen Lopetegui, plus more from the papers across the continent
Chilwell signs new Leicester deal
Ben Chilwell has committed his future at Leicester City until 2024 by signing a new deal.
Euro Papers: Malcom to leave Barca?
The latest transfer news and rumours from the European press as Malcom could be set to leave Barcelona in January.
How Jose left Bridge the better man
Jose Mourinho tried not be the centre of attention at Stamford Bridge, but the attention came to him. Gerard Brand was there to watch over him.
Signs of life at United?
Manchester United showed resolve at Chelsea, but will Jose Mourinho really be able to turn it all around?
Liverpool grinding it out
Liverpool were not at their swaggering best in beating Huddersfield but they got the win.
Sky Bet Transfer Trends pulls in all the latest transfer window deals, rumours and chats from Twitter