Paper Talk Regional
LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Manchester United are considering making Kalidou Koulibaly the most expensive defender in history in January.
- Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Ince says everything is 'set up' for Paul Pogba to leave the club in January.
- Jan Vertonghen is open to extending his Tottenham contract beyond 2020 and believes he can continue playing for another four or five years.
- Meanwhile, Mauricio Pochettino has joked Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is "worried" about the reports linking him with other jobs.
- Cesc Fabregas has once again spoken of his frustration with his bit-part role at Chelsea, but insists it is "too early" to talk about his future beyond the club.
- Unai Emery has claimed Laurent Koscielny may not be fit enough to ease Arsenal's defensive crisis against Southampton on Sunday despite completing over an hour in his first appearance since May.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Manchester City are getting closer to selling young midfielder Brahim Diaz to Real Madrid after the player's agent was said to be in Manchester to 'conclude the transfer'.
- Manchester United flop Bebe has said sealing a transfer away from the club was the best moment of his life.
- One-time Liverpool target Piotr Zielinski has poured cold water on the possibility of a January transfer to Merseyside after his agent was spotted at Anfield for Tuesday night's Champions League clash with Napoli.
- Dortmund have insisted that Christian Pulisic is unlikely to leave the club in January despite being linked with a move to the Premier League.
- Rafa Benitez has warned that Newcastle United must be ready for the January transfer window this year. The Magpies spluttered through to the last few days of the window last term before eventually processing loan deals for Martin Dubravka, Kenedy and Islam Slimani.
- Jack Ross has praised Reece James as an unsung hero in his promotion-chasing Sunderland side - and says the left-back has the ability to play at a higher level.
- Sunderland are close to agreeing a new contract for Lynden Gooch.
- Sunderland chairman Stewart Donald has confirmed that Juan Sartori will remain involved with the club - despite his political ambitions.
- Tony Pulis says Middlesbrough chiefs are hard at work behind the scenes in preparation for the January window, but has stressed the importance of patience and "luck" next month.
- Jake Livermore has signed a contract extension with West Brom. The 29-year-old has agreed new terms on a deal that will keep him at the club until 2022.
EXPRESS AND STAR
- West Brom are hoping to tie more players down to long-term contracts now that Livermore has signed a new deal.
HULL DAILY MAIL
- Nigel Adkins insists that Hull City would not welcome any approaches for Jarrod Bowen during the January transfer window amid reports the winger is attracting the attention of Premier League clubs.
- West Brom are keen on signing Cardiff City forward Ibrahim Meite, according to reports.
- Leicester City have been linked with a move for Alaves' Ibai Gomez.
- Meanwhile, Puel has confirmed he is not looking to bring in a striker in the January transfer window.
- Bournemouth midfielder Dan Gosling is set to miss the busy festive period after undergoing an operation on a knee problem - but Callum Wilson could return for the trip to Wolves.
- Oriol Romeu admits he and his team-mates are feeling the pain after an "intense" first week of training under Ralph Hasenhuttl.
- Neil Warnock admitted he was keen on Liverpool's Nathaniel Clyne, but played down the chances of Cardiff City doing too much business in the January transfer window.
- Graham Potter says it would be "stupid" for him to waste time talking to striker Wilfried Bony over a potential January exit from Swansea City.
WEST LONDON SPORT
- Maurizio Sarri does not believe an injury Alvaro Morata sustained during Chelsea's 2-2 draw with Vidi is serious.
- QPR have been dealt a major blow, with Geoff Cameron and Angel Rangel both facing lengthy spells on the sidelines.
- Marcelo Bielsa's resolve for Leeds United not to be a major player in the January transfer window may yet be tested by serious interest in Samuel Saiz from Spanish club Getafe.
- Australia have not given up hope of having Huddersfield Town ace Aaron Mooy available for the Asia Cup in January - even though the tournament kicks off in just 22 more days.
- Ipswich Town have taken up their option to extend Freddie Sears' contract until the summer of 2020.
- Scottish businessman Jim McColl has insisted he has no concerns about the level of debt at Rangers.
Play Super 6
Predict 6 correct scores for your chance to win £250K.
What the bookies say
- Transfer RequestABets
- Maguire on the move?
- Summer switch for Bale?
- Real favs for Neymar
- Play Super 6
Watch all the latest transfer news from Sky Sports News HQ
Marco Silva says it would be 'impossible' for Everton to loan out young midfielder Tom Davies in January.
Transfer Centre News
Smalling signs new Man Utd deal
Manchester United defender Chris Smalling has signed a new contract until June 2022, with the option to extend for a further year.
Euro Papers: Inter could sell Perisic
Transfers are afoot, and our friends at Football Whispers are here to bring you the best of the news from around Europe.
Gomes 'loving' life at Everton
Andre Gomes says he is "loving" life at Everton and is enjoying playing with freedom again - but he is unsure what the future holds.
What did Skipp bring?
Oliver Skipp made his full Spurs debut against Burnley. But did the 18-year-old stake a claim for a regular place?
Jesus' timely reminder
With Sergio Aguero back from injury, Gabriel Jesus ended his goal drought in style against Everton to prove he remains an important alternative...
In a special in-depth MNF Extra, we explore how and why Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has adapted his attack this season...
Sky Bet Transfer Trends pulls in all the latest transfer window deals, rumours and chats from Twitter