Conor Benn signs to Dana White and Zuffa Boxing for 'legacy fights' after splitting from Eddie Hearn's Matchroom
Conor Benn has split from Eddie Hearn's Matchroom Boxing to join Dana White's Zuffa Boxing; Benn defeated long-time rival Chris Eubank Jr in a blockbuster rematch at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in November and says he is ready to fight the winner of Mario Barrios against Ryan Garcia
Friday 20 February 2026 22:52, UK
Conor Benn has signed to Dana White and Zuffa Boxing, saying he wants "legacy fights" and "the biggest stages".
The 29-year-old had been with Eddie Hearn's Matchroom Boxing organisation since turning professional, but after a 10-year partnership, 'The Destroyer' has left to sign with UFC boss White's promotional company.
Benn famously defeated long-time rival Chris Eubank Jr in a blockbuster rematch at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in November, having lost their first bout in April.
- Buy tickets for Caroline Dubois vs Terri Harper
- Natasha Jonas: Caroline Dubois has got under Terri Harper's skin
- Not got Sky? Get Sky Sports or stream with no contract on NOW
- AJ's tragic loss inspired Fury to return to boxing
- Fury to train himself for comeback: 'I might retire again after this!'
In a statement on social media, Benn paid tribute to his former promoters, saying: "First and foremost, I want to thank Eddie and the entire team at Matchroom for everything they've done for me over the past decade. From guiding me when I first turned pro, to headlining stadium shows.
"They were not only with me for those highlight moments but stood shoulder to shoulder with me during the tough times.
"It's been a journey beyond anything we could have imagined, and for their belief, support, and guidance, I will always be truly grateful, but Zuffa Boxing presented me with an opportunity I simply couldn't refuse.
"I'd love Eddie to continue to be part of my team and for our partnership to evolve in this new chapter.
"I'm filled with excitement and hunger for what's ahead with Zuffa Boxing.
"I want the legacy fights, the biggest nights, the biggest stages. I fear no man at any weight, and I'm ready to give the fans the fights they've been calling for. I'm in my prime, and together we have bold, ambitious plans."
Speaking to Sky Sports earlier this month, Benn said he was within "touching distance" of the WBC welterweight title, and is ready to fight the winner of Mario Barrios against Ryan Garcia.
Benn, who has won 24 of his 25 professional bouts, has been confirmed as the mandatory challenger for the WBC belt, which is currently held by Barrios, who will firstly defend his title against Garcia in Las Vegas on February 21.
After his rematch win over Eubank Jr at middleweight in November, Benn has moved down in weight to achieve his long-term ambition of holding a world title.
"Listen, I said I would be WBC champion, it was always the dream, so to be within touching distance and be made mandatory for the WBC world title, I'll be there ringside and I want the winner," Benn said.
"No doubt it will be Garcia. Garcia vs Benn - I like the sound of that."
Watch Caroline Dubois vs Terri Harper live on Sky Sports on Sunday April 5. Tickets available here