Sky Cricket Podcast: Richie Richardson in our Captain's Log series
Last Updated: 06/05/19 12:26pm
Taking over from Sir Vivian Richards, playing against post-apartheid South Africa in 1992 and the end of an unbeaten Test run - Richie Richardson opens up about his time as West Indies leader in the latest episode of our Captain's Log podcast series.
Richardson took over an ageing West Indies side and was the unfortunate man in charge as they lost their first Test series in over 15 years.
Sitting down with Sky Sports' Charles Colvile, the batting legend talks...
- Taking over the captaincy from Sir Viv just before the 1992 World Cup in controversial circumstances
- Playing against South Africa in their first Test post-apartheid and a boat party on the rest day that turned the match in the Windies' favour
- Managing Curtly Ambrose - the greatest bowler Richardson feels he played with
- West Indies finally losing a Test series against Australia in 1995
- That shock 1996 World Cup loss to Kenya and making the semi-finals
- Final Test series in charge against England and whether he could have stayed in the job longer