PODCAST: Bob Willis and Dominic Cork on Keaton Jennings' Ashes chances
Last Updated: 09/11/18 4:14am
A large slice of humble pie is on the menu for today’s Cricket Debate!
Opener Keaton Jennings silenced some of his critics (to a degree) with an unbeaten 146 on day three of the first Test against Sri Lanka - and Bob Willis and Dominic Cork were quick to pay tribute.
The knock allowed England to declare on 322-6 and set their hosts a world record target of 462 - surely only rain denying the tourists an opening win.
DOWNLOAD THE PODCAST HERE to listen to our pundits' thoughts on…
- Jennings' chances of playing in the Ashes - and why Australia's seamers might be licking their lips at the prospect
- what makes Jennings such an effective batsman on the subcontinent and the potency of his reverse sweep
- how the opener's century could influence the selectors' future top-order thinking - and whether Moeen Ali should move up from three
- he issues currently facing Sri Lankan cricket, including the on-going match-fixing questions and a spate of injuries in the current team
- their analysis of Dilruwan Perera's attempts to bowl a leg-side line - prompting the umpires to quickly step in
DOWNLOAD THE PODCAST HERE for this and more!
We want your feedback about the podcast and what topics you would like them the team to cover in future episodes - so let us know on Twitter @SkyCricket or in the feedback form below (skysports.com only).
Watch day four of the first Test between Sri Lanka and England, in Galle, live on Sky Sports Cricket (channel 404) from 4.15am on Friday.