Anthony Davis was at his dominant best as he produced a 38-point, 13-rebound double-double to lead the New Orleans Pelicans to a 140-124 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Watch Grizzlies @ Heat free on Sky Sports
Watch via free live stream on Saturday at 10pm on skysports.com or Sky Sports mobile app
Davis connected on 11-of-17 shots (64.7 per cent) and was on target with his sole three-point try as the Pelicans scored at will against the struggling Cavs.
Davis opened his account with an alley-oop slam to finish off a first-quarter fast break before unveiling his best offensive play of the night in the second quarter. Taking the ball at the three-point lane, the 6ft 10in Pelicans center attacked the rim, dribbling between his legs to create a path to the hoop where he laid in a left-handed finish.
Wednesday night's scores
- Indiana Pacers 108-135 Boston Celtics
- Phoenix Suns 94-104 Dallas Mavericks
- Detroit Pistons 100-113 Los Angeles Lakers
- Philadelphia 76ers 106-123 Washington Wizards
- Atlanta Hawks 100-116 Brooklyn Nets
- Milwaukee Bucks 116-109 Houston Rockets
- San Antonio Spurs 86-96 Memphis Grizzlies
- Cleveland Cavaliers 124-140 New Orleans Pelicans
- Orlando Magic 93-106 Utah Jazz
- Chicago Bulls 94-104 Portland Trail Blazers
Davis' dominance was apparent to the defensive end, too. At the end of the first quarter, he denied the Cavs at the rim with twin rejections of Jordan Clarkson and Ante Zizic.
Click the video at the top of the page to see the highlights of AD's stellar two-way performance.