Matt Kuchar - Profile
Matt Kuchar: Knocking on the door in the majors
Ultra-consistent in the majors in recent years but has still to make the big breakthrough.
* Won US Amateur in 1997. Finished as low amateur in both 1998 Masters (T21st) and 1998 US Open (T14th).
* 7 PGA Tour wins: 2002 Honda Classic, 2009 Turning Stone Resort Championship, 2010 The Barclays, 2011 Players Championship, 2013 WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship, 2013 Memorial Tournament, 2014 RBC Heritage.
* Won 2011 PGA Tour Money List with $4,910,477.
* End of year world ranking over last five years - 2007: 202, 2008: 135th, 2009: 61st, 2010: 13th, 2011: 11th, 2012: 21st, 2013: 7th. Peak ranking 4th in June 2013. Has spent nearly 100 weeks in the world's top 10.
* Played in two Ryder Cups (2010, 2012). On losing team both times but has winning record of 0.57 (4pts from 7 matches).
* Only outside the top 30 in two of last 19 majors. 2014: 5th at Masters, 12th at US Open.
* Best US PGA finish: 10th in 2010.
- Nationality: USA
- Date Of Birth: 21/06/1978
- Birth Place: Winter Park, Florida
- Height: 6ft 4
|2017||AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am||CUT||74+69+74||217||4|
|2017||Waste Management Phoenix Open||T9||64+69+69+70||272||-12|
|2016||Hero World Challenge||T3||67+67+71+70||275||275|
|2016||WGC - HSBC Champions||T21||73+66+68+76||283||283|
|The Open Championship||-||-||T58||T53||T15||T9||-|
|US PGA Championship||-||-||-||-||T22||-||T19|
Matt Kuchar News
Matt Kuchar believes golfers cannot live life in a bubble to try to avoid the kind of injury which has sidelined Rory McIlroy.
Matt Kuchar was a late withdrawal from the US PGA Championship after suffering back spasms ahead of the first round.
K.J. Choi hit the front on day two of the RBC Heritage in South Carolina and Luke Donald also shot a fine second round.
Six-year-old Tommy Morrissey wins yet more plaudits as he takes on PGA Tour professionals in a one-armed challenge.
Wayne Riley decided the best way to give us an insight into the Bear Trap at PGA National was to get into costume...
Watch how Jaco Van Zyl ditched a regular putter for a strange-looking flat stick during the Joburg Open.