Skip to content

Alan Pardew says Crystal Palace have had no contact over Julian Speroni

Image: Julian Speroni is currently out of the frame at Crystal Palace

Crystal Palace manager Alan Pardew insists there has been no approach for goalkeeper Julian Speroni.

Argentine Speroni has yet to feature for the Eagles this season - with Alex McCarthy and Wayne Hennessey preferred for a starting spot - and was linked with a loan move to Newcastle earlier in the week.

The Magpies, Pardew's former club, have lost Tim Krul for the remainder of the season and Karl Darlow and Rob Elliot have also suffered injury problems, although the latter has declared himself fit to face Bournemouth on Saturday.

United boss Steve McClaren was left contemplating an emergency loan deal due to his problems between the sticks, but Speroni, 36, looks like he will be staying at Selhurst Park for the time being.

Also See:

Pardew said: "I've seen in the paper that my old club Newcastle and others are interested in Speroni, but we've had no phone calls or no contact with any other club for our goalies.

"We are always going to be in the frame for that because we've got three great goalies so it's a real asset for us and one I'd be reluctant to weaken. I'd like to have all three of them here.

"It's difficult for Jules, not for me, because I have the luxury of Jules being ready and able to come into the team. We are blessed at this club to have the goalies we've got."