Skip to content

Everton target Cenk Tosun expected to travel to Merseyside on Thursday

Crystal Palace were also monitoring Cenk Tosun
Image: Crystal Palace were also monitoring Cenk Tosun

Besiktas officials held talks with Everton on Wednesday night in London regarding a deal for striker Cenk Tosun, with the player expected to travel to Merseyside on Thursday, Sky Sports News understands.

Everton officials were in Turkey over the weekend in an attempt to reach an agreement to bring in Tosun, Sky sources understand, and Sam Allardyce said the club had done "all we can" to finalise the transfer by Tuesday.

Earlier this week, Besiktas' president Fikret Orman insisted a deal with Everton had not yet been finalised.

LISTEN: Transfer Talk podcast
LISTEN: Transfer Talk podcast

Click here to listen to the latest Transfer Talk podcast where Liverpool's deal for Virgil van Dijk and the futures of Eden Hazard, Thibaut Courtois and Alexis Sanchez were discussed.

Orman said: "Everton have made an offer but China offered €35m (£31.1m) for Cenk Tosun. And we said no. He is a very valuable player for us.

"Cenk wants Everton. Negotiations are ongoing, with good intentions."

Also See:

Allardyce maintains finding a striker is Everton's priority in January but admitted they may not find a solution before the transfer window shuts.

Super 6 £1m jackpot
Super 6 £1m jackpot

Simply predict six correct scores to win Jeff's £1 million. Enter your selections for free here.