Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho will not face further FA action after sending off at Southampton
Last Updated: 25/09/17 1:36pm
Jose Mourinho will face no further action from the FA after he was sent off during Manchester United's win at Southampton.
The United boss claimed he was baffled when he was sent to the stands by referee Craig Pawson near the end of Saturday's Premier League clash at St Mary's.
Mourinho had stepped out of his technical area onto the edge of the pitch, only to be pulled back by fourth official Mike Jones, who then called Pawson over once play had been stopped.
After being told to leave, Mourinho shook hands with members of the Saints staff and said afterwards of the incident: "I don't know. I don't know. Craig [Pawson] told me to leave, and I left."
The United boss was sanctioned twice last season, being given a touchline ban and a £50,000 fine for two incidents in November - he was sent to the stands by Mark Clattenburg during their clash with Burnley and then fined for comments he made about another official, Anthony Taylor, before United faced Liverpool.
Those charges could have been taken into account as they happened in the previous 12 months, but the FA have elected to impose no further sanction on this occasion.