Adebayor snub for Hammers
By Graeme Bailey
Last Updated: 01/01/70 1:00am
Monaco have persuaded Emmanuel Adebayor to snub West Ham.Monaco claim to have persuaded Emmanuel Adebayor to stay with them, rather than join West Ham.
Skysports.com understand The Hammers agreed terms with Monaco on Monday for a £6 million deal.
Adebayor was due in England on Tuesday evening, but he did not arrive - because of talks with Monaco.
The Principality outfit now look to have settled their arguments with the Togolese striker, who had been annoyed at the lack of progress over a new contract.
Vice-chairman Gerard Brianti, said: "It is a settled case.
"Manu made a mistake. He is still young and we had a talk with him father to son.
"Now it is up to him to prove during the coming weeks he deserves our trust. We are all happy."
If Adebayor has decided to stay with Monaco, then that will be a huge blow to West Ham who had wanted the African to spearhead their strike-force next season.
Hammers boss Alan Pardew will now turn his attentions elsewhere, but will have to move quickly with the Premiership season kicking off in just nine days.
Meanwhile, Monaco have told suitors of Julien Rodriguez - including Portsmouth and Rangers - that they will not let hm leave until after their UEFA Champions League qualifier against Real Betis.