Ajax move for Cillessen
NEC have received an offer from Ajax for Jasper Cillessen, according to sporting director Carlos Aalbers.
Last Updated: 10/08/11 11:24am
NEC have received an official offer from Ajax for Jasper Cillessen, according to sporting director Carlos Aalbers.
The Eredivisie champions are looking for cover between the sticks following the departure of regular No.1 Maarten Stekelenburg to Roma earlier this summer.
Youngster Cillessen revealed Ajax were interested in his services earlier this week, and hinted he would be open to a move if he could be guaranteed regular playing time.
Aalbers claims the Godenzonen have now made a formal bid for the 22-year-old and says NEC will make a decision in the near future.
He told AD: "We have received an official offer for Jasper. We will internally discuss the bid on Wednesday and will then respond to Ajax."
Should Cillessen make the move to the Amsterdam Arena he would be expected to battle former reserve keeper Kenneth Vermeer for the gloves this season.