Inzaghi going nowhere
Filippo Inzaghi insists he will be at AC Milan next season, despite speculation that he could move.
Last Updated: 22/03/10 5:24pm
AC Milan striker Filippo Inzaghi insists he will be at the San Siro next season, despite speculation that he could move.
The 36-year-old Milan stalwart started his first game for several months and scored a much-needed equaliser against Napoli on Sunday, having featured sparingly so far this term.
Reports have suggested that Inzaghi is considering his future with the Rossoneri, but the fans' favourite says he has no intention of leaving.
"I have made a pact with (Adriano, vice-president) Galliani to stay longer in Milan," he said. "For this shirt I would do anything and for my part I always try to make myself ready.
"I am happy to have returned to playing from the start, I tried to exploit all the assists from my team-mates to the best of my abilities.
"I am satisfied because physically I am well, it was a long time that I hadn't played, but I have still always felt great affection around me."
Inzaghi has won two Champions League titles, one league title and a Coppa Italia since his move from Juventus in 2001.
Milan are sill in the hunt for the Scudetto this season and are only one point behind rivals Inter at the top of the table.