Coyle - No Cahill offers
Owen Coyle has revealed there have still been no bids for Bolton defender Gary Cahill.
Last Updated: 28/07/11 8:21am
Owen Coyle has urged Gary Cahill to stay focused on performing well for Bolton after revealing there have still been no bids for the defender.
Cahill is regarded as one of the finest young centre-backs in English football after some superb performances for the Trotters in recent years.
A number of big clubs were linked with a move for the 25-year-old this summer and Coyle acknowledges there is a lot of interest.
However, the manager is still waiting to receive an official offer and until somebody comes in with an acceptable proposal he will continue to count his blessings that he has such a talented player at his disposal.
Coyle has previously insisted he will not stand in Cahill's way if he has the opportunity to join one of the league's heavyweights, although he wants a fair deal for Bolton and is thought to be demanding at least £20million.
"I think it is well known the belief I have in Gary Cahill, the quality he has, but that's the nature of football," Coyle told Sky Sports News after Cahill scored Bolton's second goal in a 2-0 pre-season victory over Bury on Wednesday night.
"It only takes a phone call for it to all change but I have said to him he is a Bolton Wanderers player, he is well paid by Bolton Wanderers and he has to make sure he is focused to do the job in hand until something was to change.
"He is such an outstanding player that we are very fortunate to have him.
"I know there is interest from other clubs, nothing concrete in terms of offers, but all these elite clubs know he is an outstanding player so we will have to wait and see what happens with that."