Cup clash excites Robins star
The realisation that he will be involved against Everton in the FA Cup third round on Monday is yet to sink in for Cheltenham's Kaid Mohamed.
Last Updated: 07/01/13 9:28am
The 28-year-old had played most of his career in the Welsh Premier League and then in non-league football with the likes of Forest Green, Bath City, Newport and AFC Wimbledon, before Robins boss Mark Yates signed him in 2011.
The Welshman has kick-started his career at Whaddon Road, with 17 goals in the last 18 months, and is now set to be involved against one of the best teams in the country in front of the television cameras - and he cannot wait.
"It hasn't really hit me and sunk in that we are playing Everton on Monday night," he said.
"I can't wait. To play any Premier League team is amazing, last year we had Spurs and the build-up to that was unbelievable and it is the same again this time.
"Everyone is excited, we were delighted with the draw and there is a good buzz and that is what football is all about.
"It is obviously more tense and exciting being live on TV and all eyes are on you but at the end of the day it is 11 players against 11 players and we are confident."
That confidence comes from the Robins' impressive start to the campaign, which has seen them occupy the automatic promotion slots in npower League Two for most of the first half of the season, and lose just two of their 12 home games.
"We have had a good little run at home and hopefully we can take that run into the game. Even though it is Everton and they are on fire this season, we'll be confident going into the match," he said.
"The boys can't wait to play against any of them, we don't know what team they are going to play and even if they played their under-21s it would still be a strong team.
"I watched them against Newcastle in midweek and they were decent, coming back to get the win. Of course they've been having a good season and have been one of the top teams in this season's Premier League but we can't wait to take them on."
Meanwhile, Cheltenham's preparations for the game were hit by a burglary at their training ground yesterday, Yates said.
Thieves reportedly took players' possessions including wallets, watches and phones from the Seasons Conference Centre.
Yates told the Daily Mail: "It leaves a nasty taste in the mouth and is not the ideal preparation for the game.
"We haven't had any problems like this before. One of the club staff has worked here throughout the 10 years we have used the facilities as a base and not encountered any problems.
"So we are now going to have to review our procedures. It's a shame but we are wondering whether the club have been targeted."