Full Time After Extra Time This is a live match. Extra Time Half Time

Celtic vs Aberdeen. Scottish Cup Final.

Hampden ParkAttendance48,713.

Celtic 2

  • S Armstrong (11th minute)
  • T Rogic (92nd minute)

Aberdeen 1

  • J Hayes (9th minute)

Celtic 2-1 Aberdeen: Last-gasp Tom Rogic strike seals historic treble for Celtic

Watch highlights of the Scottish Cup final between Celtic and Aberdeen, including Tom Rogic's late winning goal

A last-gasp strike from Tom Rogic sealed an historic treble for Celtic as they won the Scottish Cup with a dramatic 2-1 victory over Aberdeen.

Brendan Rodgers' side had already won the Scottish Premiership and Scottish League Cup, where they also beat the Dons in the final 3-0 back in November, ahead of the Hampden Park final.

Scott Brown of Celtic lifts the trophy during the William Hill Scottish Cup Final between Celtic and Aberdeen at Hampden Park
Image: Celtic celebrate their 2-1 Scottish Cup victory over Aberdeen

Aberdeen took the lead after nine minutes as Jonny Hayes slotted home but Stuart Armstrong replied almost instantly to get Celtic level as the sides traded equal blows for much of the game.

Derek McInnes' side were close to taking the Hoops to extra time but Rogic hit home on the tightest of angles with just a minute of injury time to play to seal Celtic's first treble in 16 years.

Stuart Armstrong (L3) of Celtic celebrates scoring a goal early in the first half during the William Hill Scottish Cup Final v Aberdeen at Hampden Park
Image: Stuart Armstrong scored the equalising goal for Celtic in the first half

They have also finished the season unbeaten in domestic competition, a total of 47 games without loss through the 2016/17 campaign.

Aberdeen broke the deadlock in the ninth minute as Niall McGinn delivered a corner, finding Hayes at the back post who strode away from Leigh Griffiths and hammered home past Kieran Tierney on the goal line who could do nothing to keep it out.

Aberdeen's Jonny Hayes celebrates scoring in the Scottish Cup final against Celtic
Image: Aberdeen's Jonny Hayes scored the opening goal of the game at Hampden Park

But it took Celtic just two minutes to get themselves level as a loose ball fell to Armstrong after Callum McGregor was fouled, with referee Bobby Madden doing well to play the advantage, and the former took a few strides before curling home.

Also See:

Celtic were forced into a change in the 27th minute after Tierney had received around five minutes of medical attention after clattering into the elbow of Jayden Stockley, leading to a serious mouth injury. He was replaced by Rogic and despite taking a trip to hospital, he returned to lift the trophy at the end of the game.

Stuart Armstrong (L3) of Celtic celebrates scoring a goal early in the first half during the William Hill Scottish Cup Final v Aberdeen at Hampden Park
Image: Stuart Armstrong scored the equalising goal for Celtic in the first half

The Dons arguably shaded the half from then on as Craig Gordon was called into action with Ryan Jack and McGinn testing the Scotland international from the top of the box before he pushed away a strong header from Stockley.

Scott Sinclair could have put Celtic ahead on the stroke of half time as Griffiths whipped a ball into him at the mouth of the goal but his attempted tap home had too much on it and it somehow squirmed over the crossbar.

Brendan Rodgers gives credit to his players after Celtic completed the Treble beating Aberdeen 2-1 at Hampden Park

The second half began in a furious fashion with both sides having chances to go ahead, but Aberdeen missed the most glorious of chances nine minutes after the restart. Hayes burst away down the right-hand side and squared a ball to an unmarked Kenny McLean in the middle but he just took an extra step and could not latch onto the pass as it ran wide through an empty area.

But Celtic mostly dominated the game from the 65th minute as Dons goalkeeper Joe Lewis kept his side in the tie, twice, keeping Patrick Roberts at bay with the second pushed onto the post before Mikael Lustig headed just wide from the resulting corner.

Dedryck Boyata went close for the Hoops with just under 20 minutes to play but his powerful header flew over the bar before Lewis was once again called into action, getting down low at the back post to collect an attempted tap in from Sinclair.

Scott Brown says winning the Treble is the best feeling ever after Celtic beat Aberdeen 2-1 to win the Scottish Cup

But with extra time looming and Celtic camped around the Aberdeen area, Rogic picked up the ball in the middle of the Dons half and strode forward, getting away from Anthony O'Connor on the right-hand side before hitting home on a tight angle. It sent the ball wriggling under the body of Lewis to give Celtic their fourth treble-winning season in the club's history.

Around Sky