Liverpool legends in 10-goal thriller with Bayern Munich
Last Updated: 25/03/18 11:37am
Steven Gerrard, Robbie Fowler and Lothar Matthaus turned out as Liverpool and Bayern Munich legends took part in a 10-goal thriller at Anfield.
Liverpool took a three-goal lead early on through Dirk Kuyt, Michael Owen and Fowler, but Bayern hit back with four goals courtesy of Luca Toni, Alexander Zickler, Paulo Sergio, and Zickler again from a Xabi Alonso error in front of The Kop.
Fowler levelled at 4-4 before the break, before Alonso, who played the second half for Bayern, put the Germans back ahead. But Bjorn Tore Kvarme equalised again as the charity match finished 5-5.
90 per cent of the proceeds from the match will go to the LFC Foundation - the club's official charity - and the remaining 10 per cent of the money raised will be donated to Bayern Munich's charity, FC Bayern Hilfe e.V.
More information about donating to the LFC Foundation can be found HERE - highlights courtesy of LFC TV
Liverpool legends: Dudek, James, Kvarme, McAteer, Agger, Babb, Riise, McManaman, Aldridge, Gerrard, Rush (player-manager), Fowler (captain), Garcia, Owen, Smicer, Alonso, Berger, Hamann, Kuyt, McAllister, Carragher
Bayern Munich legends: Butt, Zimmermann, Lizarazu, Tarnat, van Buyten, Demichelis, Makaay, Pflugler, Elber, Matthaus, Witezcek, Gospodarek, Sergio, Alonso, Roberto, Ottl, Toni, Zickler, Sternkopf, Misimovic