Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger accepts FA misconduct charge

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Arsene Wenger has accepted an FA charge of misconduct but does not expect to be banned or fined for his behaviour in Arsenal's win against Burnley

Arsene Wenger has confirmed he will accept his Football Association misconduct charge after being sent from the touchline during Arsenal's Premier League win over Burnley last Sunday.

The Gunners boss was sent to the stands by referee Jon Moss after allegedly using abusive or insulting language towards fourth official Anthony Taylor after an injury-time penalty was awarded to the Clarets.

Wenger then tried to watch the remainder of the contest from the entrance to the tunnel and appeared to push Taylor, who was asking him to retreat.

The Frenchman requested a personal hearing, which will take place on Friday, when he will make his case to the independent commission which will decide on his sanction - he should learn that before Saturday's FA Cup clash with Southampton.

Referee Jon Moss sends Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger  to the stands
Image: Wenger was sent to the stands by referee Jon Moss

Arsenal went on to win the game 2-1 after being awarded an even later penalty of their own, but Wenger was charged on Monday and revealed ahead of his side's FA Cup fourth-round tie at Southampton that he will not contest the decision.

"I'm in England in 20 years, I've seen a lot on the bench, as you certainly know," he said.

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Arsene Wenger apologised for his actions after being sent to the stands against Burnley in the Premier League.

"I think if I am after 34 years still in the job it is because I am big enough to stand up for what I do. And as well, I'm big enough to know when I do well and when I do not do well. So that's it.

Also See:

"I am a passionate guy and I believe that I am completely committed in my job and want to win football games.

"I am completely passionate about it, like all the managers who work in the Premier League. I was quite calm in this game, I must say, for 90 minutes."

When asked about potential punishments, Wenger added: "I expect nothing.

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Wenger appeared to push Taylor after refusing to leave the tunnel and move into the stands

"I came out after the game and I said what I think I had to say. When I don't behave like I think I should behave, I'm big enough say 'yes, that's not right', and that's it."

Wenger believes the incident does not rank with the worst he has witnessed in his two decades in the Premier League.

"You know, I have said much worse than I did here and you are not punished and I have heard much worse from other people," he added.

"It depends as well on the circumstances. Sometimes some new level of problem you have all around."

Around Sky