Arsenal bids for Alexandre Lacazette and Thomas Lemar rejected

Lyon's French forward Alexandre Lacazette reacts after scoring during the French L1 football match between Lyon (OL) and Nice (OGCN) on May 20, 2017, at th

Arsenal have had bids rejected for Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette and Monaco winger Thomas Lemar, according to Sky sources.

The pair are two of Arsenal's top summer targets, along with their fellow Frenchman, Monaco forward Kylian Mbappe.

Lions tour live only on Sky Sports

Lions tour live only on Sky Sports

Watch every match from the British & Irish Lions tour of New Zealand only on Sky Sports. Get Sky Sports today!

Lacazette, who scored 37 times in 45 games last season, has two years left on his Lyon deal.

But the club's president Jean-Michel Aulas said earlier this week that they would listen to offers that matched their valuation of close to £50m.

Last month, Lacazette said he would only move to a club who are playing in the Champions League which is not something Arsenal can offer next season.

Lacazette had verbally agreed to join Atletico Madrid this summer but the move fell through after the Court of Arbitration for Sport confirmed three weeks ago that Atletico would be banned from registering players during this window.

FIFA has banned Atletico from signing players, after they were found guilty of breaking international transfer rules for U16 players.

Also See:

Thomas Lemar celebrates after scoring against PSG during the French League Cup final on 1 April, 2017
Image: Thomas Lemar helped Monaco to title glory last season

Arsenal's rejected bid for Lemar is believed to have been in the region of £30m.

Lemar helped Monaco win the French title last season for the first time in 17 years and was in France's starting XI for the 3-2 friendly victory against England two weeks ago.

The exciting 21-year-old has three years left on his Monaco contract.

Around Sky