Saturday 25 November 2017 07:46, UK
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has denied Mesut Ozil has already agreed to move to Barcelona when his contract expires at the Emirates.
The 29-year-old is out of contract at the end of the current campaign and is widely expected to leave the Gunners next summer after failing to sign a new deal.
Ozil is free to speak to foreign clubs in January over a move abroad but Wenger denies the Germany international has already agreed to join Barcelona next season.
Asked if Ozil had already agreed terms with the Catalan club, Wenger said: "No.
"What kind of control can I have over that [speculation]? All these people have agents who can talk to anybody. That doesn't disturb people, that happens all through their career."
Wenger refused to sell either Ozil or Alexis Sanchez in the summer despite knowing both players could run down the final year of their contracts and walk away for free at the end of the season.
The Frenchman says negotiations are ongoing with the pair and insists he has no worries about starting the two players against Burnley on Sunday.
"They are honest. I don't question their honesty," he added.
"Nobody knows what will happen when the players reach the end of their contracts. Our worry is to perform on Sunday, that's it.
"They want to turn up and put in good performances. I have no concerns. I am more concerned about the team performance.
"Ozil and Alexis are praised when the team is doing well because of them, and when the team doesn't do well they get more criticism. I'm more concerned that the team focuses on strong performances.
"My worry is on Sunday. After that, I will care about the second half of the season later."