Thursday 29 June 2017 15:04, UK
Ryan Sessegnon has signed his first professional contract at Fulham, ending the potential for a move to Tottenham this summer.
The 17-year-old had only a year left on his scholarship contract but has now signed a new three-year deal which keeps him at Craven Cottage until June 2020.
Sessegnon has been of interest to Premier League clubs including Spurs and Liverpool, but Fulham have been adamant he is not for sale in the current transfer window.
The player is understood to have deliberated over a decision on his future for some time, but wants to play as much first-team football as possible, which Fulham have promised.
The left wing-back said; "I'm excited to see what's in front of me at this club. Hopefully we can all push on now. Last year I got a lot of opportunities from the gaffer, and I just want to continue that.
Manager Slavisa Jokanovic also said at the end of last season that the club's hierarchy assured him his best players will not be sold and he is delighted Sessegnon has committed his future to the club.
Jokanovic said: "Ryan joined our first-team squad early during pre-season last summer. One year on, I'm pleased that Ryan's performances have been rewarded with his first professional contract with Fulham and he will continue to be part of our project in the future.
"He is an exceptional young player who has demonstrated loyalty and commitment by continuing to serve this club since his progression from the academy."
Sessegnon will be part of England's U19s squad for the European Championships in early July.
He shone at both left-back and left-wing in a superb breakthrough season last term, scoring seven goals in 30 appearances for the Whites.