Skip to content

Wolves winger Michal Zyro set for long spell on the sidelines

Michal Zyro of Wolves
Image: Michal Zyro: Wolves winger hit by injury blow

Wolves winger Michal Zyro will miss the rest of the season after suffering "significant multi-ligament" damage to his knee against MK Dons on Tuesday.

The 23-year-old was stretchered off at half-time after a late tackle by Dons defender Antony Kay, who was given a yellow card for the challenge.

After the game Wolves boss Kenny Jackett said: "I felt it was dangerous and hopefully it's not too bad - the first impression from the physio is that it's not good, but it did look a red card to me."

However, Jackett's fears seem to have been realised after scans revealed considerable damage to the Poland international's knee.

"Michal unfortunately sustained a significant multi-ligament knee injury during last night's game," said Wolves head of medical Phil Hayward.

"He will see a consultant this week and will undergo surgery once the swelling has subsided at some point in the next two weeks.

"He is expected to be out for a considerable time, and the time frame will become more apparent following the surgery."

Also See:

Zyro, a January signing from Legia Warsaw, has made seven Sky Bet Championship appearances for Wolves, scoring three times.

Jackett was particularly incensed that Kay has so far made no attempt to contact Zyro to make an apology.

"It's on his conscience what he does from here," he said. "My focus is on doing things professionally with the referee and powers that be.

"We haven't had any contact for Michal, all he can do is concentrate on his rehabilitation. I was angry, it was a bad tackle."