Lys Mousset can leave on loan, says Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe
Saturday 21 January 2017 09:02, UK
Bournemouth striker Lys Mousset will be allowed to leave on loan in the January transfer window, manager Eddie Howe has confirmed.
Mousset, 20, signed from French side Le Havre last summer for £5.4m but has struggled to break into the Cherries' first team.
Howe said: "With someone like Lys Mousset, I think it might be beneficial for him to go out and get experience (on loan)."
Mousset has only started one match for Howe's side - the 3-0 FA Cup third round defeat at Millwall earlier this month - and in December he complained to a French newspaper that he was frustrated at his lack of game time.
Mousset was quoted in Paris-Normandie as saying that he felt like "a spectator" at his new club.
He said: "I can't stay like this. I always dreamed of being in England, but not in these conditions. The manager told me I would play in the next league game [against Southampton] but in the end, I wasn't even in the group.
"If I wanted to be third, fourth or fifth in line as a striker, I could have signed for Arsenal or Tottenham. It's bizarre, I feel like I've been left to one side, and it annoys me to think I might go a season without scoring.
"Life in England pleases me. The people are friendly, I am surrounded by my family, the city of Bournemouth is peaceful. I want to stay in England, but I do not master everything. So why not Ligue 1? My priority is to play. I like it, and I'm starting to miss it."