Mario Bilate leaves Dundee United after two-injury plagued seasons
Wednesday 11 November 2015 11:37, UK
Mario Bilate has left Dundee United by mutual consent after suffering a season-ending injury earlier this year.
The 24-year-old Dutch striker leaves Tannadice after making just eight starts in two injury-plagued seasons.
Bilate arrived on a two-year deal from Sparta Rotterdam last summer and scored twice before hamstring problems wrecked his season.
He picked up another hamstring injury in United's season-opener and featured once more before suffering a cruciate ligament injury in training in September.
"I wish I could have shown more to the supporters who have always been very supportive of me," Bilate told the club's website.
"Whatever happens next I wish them and the football club the best of luck. I am sad to be leaving as I feel that, despite the current position in the league, the players and the team are improving things.
"However I know at this stage it is the right thing to do for the club and myself and I will now look to progress my career elsewhere."
A spokesperson for United said: "We wish Mario all the best for the future. We know how disappointed he is not to have featured more regularly but today's announcement allows him to look to the future."