KANOUTE CASTS DOUBT OVER HAMMERS FUTURE
Both West Ham and Kanoute have, up until now, denied that a move away from Upton Park was imminent.
However, less than a week after denying that Juventus were interested in him, Kanoute has told Foot Transferts that his future is very much in the balance with the East London club.
"Manchester United, Juventus, Liverpool are the stuff that dreams are made of and if I have the good fortune to have the choice, I will make the most of it," said Kanoute.
"My agent has spoken to me about contact with these three clubs.
"There's nothing concrete at the moment though. I'm waiting for a firm offer before I start getting excited."
The Frenchman added that Chelsea had made a move for him before he signed a new deal with The Hammers earlier this year.
"Chelsea came to see me mid-season to negotiate," he revealed. "They made me a very attractive offer and it was rather interesting for West Ham.
"But I refused in the end because it was too early to leave. I preferred to stay and at least see the season out.
"Now the season is practically over, it's clear that my way of thinking is going to be radically different. Each offer I receive will get all my attention because now I feel ready. My ambitions have changed.
"I don't see why I would leave this championship though. I love this style of play. Anyway, I have no desire to return to France."
His agent, Pape Diouf, also refused to deny the speculation that his client is looking to leave, but added that for now he is a West Ham player.
"Nothing has yet been decided," revealed Diouf. "For the moment, he is staying at West Ham.
"We have had some propositions but nothing has convinced him to leave."
The outburst from Kanoute has led to an angry reaction from West Ham chief executive Paul Aldridge, who stated: "I will be speaking to his agent on Friday.
"We're certainly not looking to entertain any bids for Frederic Kanoute and any that we may receive would be politely - or perhaps not so politely - refused.
"It would certainly be inappropriate if any clubs were to have made contact with him.
"He's under contract for some time to come having been happy to sign improved terms with us earlier this season."
The news of Kanoute`s unrest is sure to alert Chelsea, Rangers and a host of Europe`s elite and, despite The Hammers` stance of 'not for sale', they are sure to be worried about being able to hang on to one of the stars of this season.
Harry Redknapp is likely to be bracing himself for bids in excess of £10 million for the former Lyon star.
Click on a link below to read some recent Kanoute stories:
Freddy denies Juve Link
Kanoute open to offers
Kanoute confirms Chelsea offer
Gers` Kanoute bid confirmed