Sky Sports News has been told 'it's 50-50' whether AC Milan star Kaka will join Man City in January.
Robinho hoping fellow Brazilian will move to England
Sky Sports News has been told "it's 50-50" whether AC Milan star Kaka will join Manchester City in the January transfer window.
Sources close to the deal say Kaka must now be convinced to move to Eastlands after reports that City have offered a world-record transfer fee of more than £100million.
Kaka's spokesman confirmed on Thursday night that the Brazilian playmaker had been given permission to speak to City by Milan.
Meanwhile, Kaka's compatriot Robinho says it would be 'incredible' to play alongside his international team-mate in the Premier League.
Big decision
"When I arrived in the summer, the directors of City told me that Kaka was a priority and their main objective, and now they have finally been open about what they have been up to," said Robinho in the
Daily Star.
"For me, Kaka is one of the best players in the world and it will be incredible to play next to him at City.
"I can't really say at the moment whether he will come or not because it will be a big decision for him to leave Milan because he loves the club.
"I have spoken by phone with Kaka, but they are private conversations.
"We are friends and companions in the Brazil squad and it is normal for us to be in contact. Also I speak with other players of different clubs."