European Paper Talk: Man City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne a Real Madrid target?
By Tom Bodell, Football Whispers
Last Updated: 20/02/18 11:10am
Having failed to defend their La Liga title it looks set to be a busy summer at Real Madrid with news of a big summer move and up to three departures dominating the headlines.
Our friends at Football Whispers have scoured the continental press to bring you the latest transfer rumours.
Manchester City playmaker Kevin De Bruyne has emerged as a surprise Real Madrid transfer target. Signing the Belgian, who has been in scintillating form for Pep Guardiola's side this season, would be a statement of intent from Real, who are prepared to pay around €200m (£177m) to prise him away from the Premier League champions-elect. (Don Balon)
Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale expects to leave this summer. The Wales international, previously subject of Manchester United transfer rumours, has been plagued by injury since moving to the Bernabeu from Tottenham in 2013. The 28-year-old has made just 10 La Liga starts this season and will be deemed expendable if Real make a move for another forward. Karim Benzema, 30, is also vulnerable despite being a favourite of president Florentino Perez. (Mundo Deportivo)
Another player who could be on his way out of Real is attacking midfielder Marco Asensio. The 22-year-old has, like Bale, lacked for minutes this season under Zinedine Zidane and a move away from the Bernabeu beckons with interest from Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Bayern Munich and Juventus. (Diario Gol)
There could be a shock inclusion in Barcelona's starting XI to face Chelsea in the Champions League on Wednesday with Aleix Vidal lined up for a rare start. Ernesto Valverde's side is all but picked, though he has a decision to make between Vidal, Paulinho and Andre Gomes. Vidal is believed to be winning the race and would start on the right-hand side of midfield. (Sport)
The big story in Italy today surrounds the future of Milan. Yonghong Li, the owner of the Rossoneri since a €628m (£556m) takeover last summer, has been declared bankrupt. The 48-year-old Chinese businessman will see his assets auctioned off on Taobao, the Chinese equivalent of eBay, as he is unable to make repayments to US hedge fund Elliott Management. The deal had always had risk associated with the high interest meaning Milan needed Champions League football in order to meet the repayments. That is all but out of their reach and Li cannot keep up repayments. (Corriere della Sera)
Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio has declared he will not play for another Italian team, opening the door to a move to China or Major League Soccer. "I will not wear any other shirt in Italy," the 32-year-old said. The Italy international has made just four Serie A starts this season but is contracted to the Bianconeri for another two years. (Gazzetta dello Sport)
One-time Liverpool transfer target Stefan de Vrij is increasingly certain to leave Lazio after they withdrew the offer of a new deal. The 26-year-old Netherlands international is out of contract with the Biancocelesti this summer and had been set to sign a new agreement which would see his release clause set at just £22m (€24.8m). However, negotiations have broken down and he now looks set to leave the Stadio Olimpico. (Mediaset)
Napoli are set to sign free agent Hrvoje Milic on a short-term deal until the end of the season. The 28-year-old left-back previously played in Serie A for Fiorentina. The Croatia international left Olympiakos on January 31 this year. (Tuttomercato)
Veteran Bayern Munich winger Arjen Robben is out of contract at the Allianz Arena this summer but insists he is not worried about his future. The 34-year-old former Netherlands international said: "I'm not worried at all. The club will have a plan." (Sportbuzzer)
Bundesliga strugglers Hamburg are keen to Basel defender Michael Lang. The 27-year-old Switzerland international will replace Dennis Diekmeier, who is expected to leave this summer when his deal expires. (Blick)
Super 6 £1m jackpot
Simply predict six correct scores to win Jeff's £1 million. Enter your selections for free here.
Lyon captain Nabil Fekir has emerged as an Arsenal transfer target this summer and his agent has refused to confirm whether he will stay with OL. The 24-year-old attacking midfielder has 16 goals from just 22 Ligue 1 starts this season. (Telefoot)
Watford midfielder Abdoulaye Doucoure has emerged as an Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool transfer target. The 25-year-old has been hugely impressive for the Hornets this season and is the club's top scorer with seven goals. (Telefoot)