European Paper Talk: Manchester United contact Tanguy Ndombele representatives
Last Updated: 10/02/19 1:26pm
All eyes in England might be on Manchester City against Chelsea on Sunday, but there's plenty of news on the Continent to digest as well.
Our friends at Football Whispers have rounded it up for you.
Manchester United have been in contact with one-time Tottenham and Manchester City transfer target Tanguy Ndombele's representatives. They have been asking about the possibility of a move over the summer. (Le10 Sport)
Paris Saint-Germain will be without both Neymar and Edinson Cavani for their Champions League ties against Manchester United. Neymar had already been ruled out with a metatarsal injury and it's been confirmed Cavani will be out for at least a month with a thigh injury sustained on Saturday against Bordeaux. (L'Equipe)
Former France and PSG manager Laurent Blanc has said he hopes to be back in football management next season. He has been without a job since leaving PSG in 2016. (Telefoot)
Marek Hamsik could still make a move to China in the coming days. A previous deal appeared to have fallen through, but Napoli expect to receive a €20m (£17.5m) transfer fee from Chinese club Dalian Yifang on Monday. (Corriere dello Sport)
Douglas Costa has liked - and subsequently quickly unliked - a tweet reporting a €60m (£52.5m) January bid from Manchester United. (Football Italia)
Radja Nainggolan has made a 'pact' with Inter Milan after some introspection led him to 'start asking myself some questions'. Nainggolan has been caught partying and smoking in the past, but "at the age of 30, I had to change a few things and sort some stuff out, above all on a personal level". (Sky Italia)
Borussia Dortmund have learnt from departures of Ousmane Dembele and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - next time a player tries to force a move, Dortmund will not be caving. "The next player who wants to make a fuss or go on strike, we'll just let them stew," Hans-Joachim Watzke, chief executive of the club, said. (Sport Bild)
Barcelona are not ruling out the possibility of selling Philippe Coutinho in the summer. The club have reportedly put out feelers for potential buyers, concerned the Brazilian's form is not what they expected when they bought him in 2018. (Marca)
Barcelona have a left-back in sight to act as cover and competition for their only current player in that position, Jordi Alba. Lyon's 23-year-old Ferland Mendy has been identified as the club's favourite for the role, although Atletico Madrid's Filipe Luis and Real Betis' Junior Firpo are also in the frame. (Mundo Deportivo)