Bournemouth reject bids for Callum Wilson and Matt Ritchie from West Ham
By Sky Sports News HQ
Last Updated: 17/05/16 6:05am
Bournemouth have rejected a £25m bid from West Ham for striker Callum Wilson and midfielder Matt Ritchie, Sky sources understand.
Hammers co-owner David Sullivan said last week that the club was plotting a £24m bid for a top striker in France and a £25m offer for another player in England.
But they have been told Wilson and Ritchie are not for sale and, at the moment, are not planning to make a further offer.
He said: "We put in a bid today [Monday May 10] for €30m (£23.7m) for a player and other bids will be going in. We are going to make a £20m or £25m bid for a player in England this week. So whatever happens, we'll bring a top striker in."
West Ham had been linked with Liverpool striker Christian Benteke but it appears 24-year-old Wilson, who has been targeted alongside Ritchie in a combined bid, could be at the top of their list.
Wilson, who joined from Coventry in the summer of 2014, made a big impact early in his first Premier League season, scoring five goals in his first six games with three of those coming in Bournemouth's 4-3 win over the Hammers.
But his season was derailed by a serious knee injury which kept him out from the end of September for more than six months.
Scotland international Ritchie has been a regular in the Bournemouth side this season, scoring four goals, and he has proved a bargain since joining the club from Swindon for £400,000 in January 2013.