Tony Pulis says Saido Berahino is refusing to sign a fresh contract offer by West Brom
By Michael Kelleher
Last Updated: 06/01/17 11:20am
West Brom manager Tony Pulis has confirmed Saido Berahino was offered a new deal this week which he has so far refused to sign.
The 23-year-old has not featured for the Baggies in the Premier League since the 1-0 defeat to Bournemouth on September 10 and was sent to France by Pulis in November in a bid to improve his conditioning.
Berahino's current deal with Albion expires at the end of the season and the club have been in talks with him since the summer.
Pulis admits he has grown weary of the long-running saga regarding Berahino's future but is adamant West Brom are ready to move on with or without him.
Pulis said: "The club has offered him a new contract not just this week, but in previous months too, so they've been in negotiations with Saido, so we'll just see how that pans out.
"The deals have been on the table for the boy and his agent - we'll see how that pans out.
"Again, we've hit the funny month. He's only got one more month left of this if he doesn't sign, so that's probably a bonus for me.
"If we sell him we will work very very hard to get a replacement in. If we don't sell him, we'll have to work very very hard to get him back to what he was 18 months ago."
One player who could be arriving at The Hawthorns is Manchester United midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, with Pulis confirming talks are ongoing between the two clubs but he stressed no agreement has yet been reached.
Pulis said: "The two clubs are talking. It's not just one player out there we are interested in. There are a number of players we are interested in."