Monday 12 November 2018 19:21, UK
Former Chelsea head coach Antonio Conte is waiting patiently for the right project after side-stepping the Real Madrid job.
The Italian had been linked with the role at Madrid, but he reportedly ruled himself out of the running last week because it was not the right move.
On Monday, the Spanish Football Federation confirmed that caretaker manager Santiago Solari would become Madrid's permanent head coach after agreeing a deal until the end of the season.
Conte, who left Chelsea in July, has now decided to extend his break from football until the summer and told Sky in Italy that he is enjoying the time away from management.
When asked if he would like a job in Italian football, Conte said: "Let's see what happens in the future, but for sure Italy. I would like be in Italy and work again in Italy, without excluding that I might work again abroad.
"For a manager of my level it is better to wait instead of jumping on a train. I prefer to wait for June and to start a path with a new team, a new project.
"For the moment, I don't feel the urge to go back to work. Maybe in a two or three months I will feel the desire and I'll say something different from what I am saying now."
Conte also expressed his support for Italy's national team manager, Roberto Mancini, ahead of their crucial Nations League game against Portugal on Saturday, live on Sky Sports.
Italy are currently second in Group A3, two points behind Portugal having played a game more.
"Roberto (Mancini) I think is the right person to start this path with the national team," said Conte. "I see many good young players. In the last few matches we've seen good football with a good rhythm.
"It's good news for the future. We need to be patient always remembering that we're talking of the Italian national team."