Crystal Palace set to announce new manager expected to be Frank de Boer
Monday 26 June 2017 14:31, UK
Crystal Palace will announce their new manager, expected to be Frank de Boer, later today ahead of the new Premier League season.
Sky sources reported last week that Frank de Boer had been offered the vacant manager's job at Selhurst Park.
De Boer has been out of work since being sacked by Inter Milan, after just 85 days in the job, in November last year.
Ronald de Boer has said that he believes twin brother Frank will attempt to introduce the playing philosophies of Ajax and Barcelona if he becomes the new manager at Crystal Palace.
"Managing a Premier League team is a desire of every manager. It is the same for Frank," Ronald told Sky Sports News HQ.
"If it comes that far he will be very excited. He can't wait to start his first game in the Premier League."
The 47-year-old would come to the Premier League with a stellar CV, having won five Eredivisie titles and the Champions League as a player with Ajax, before moving to Barcelona where he won a La Liga title.
Palace, who have been looking for a new manager since Sam Allardyce's departure, begin the new season at home to promoted Huddersfield on August 12 before facing Liverpool at Anfield a week later.