Full Time After Extra Time This is a live match. Extra Time Half Time

Rangers vs Hibernian. Scottish Championship.

Ibrox StadiumAttendance29,769.

Rangers 0

    Hibernian 2

    • S Robertson (19th minute)
    • L Stevenson (82nd minute)

    Hibernian win 2-0 at Ibrox to climb above Rangers in Scottish Championship table

    Hibernian's Scott Robertson celebrates opening the scoring for his side
    Image: Scott Robertson: Celebrates opening the scoring at Ibrox

    Hibernian climbed above Rangers into second place in the Championship as they recorded a 2-0 win on Friday night - their third league success of the season over the Ibrox side.

    Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

    Reaction to Hibernian's win over Rangers in the Scottish Championship

    Goals in either half from Scott Robertson and Lewis Stevenson - the first simple, the second sublime - saw Alan Stubbs’ men complete a classic smash 'n grab as Rangers' failure to capitalise on a host of openings ensured a third straight defeat.

    The game had been preceded by the now-customary fan protest against the board outside the main entrance to the stadium - with former players Nacho Novo, John Brown and Iain Ferguson amongst the gathering.

    Hibernian's Scott Robertson scores
    Image: Robertson scores for Hibs

    On the pitch, Kris Boyd worked some space early on but could get no power on his shot but it was strike partner Kenny Miller who offered the first genuine goal threat - seeing his effort cleared off the line after Mark Oxley had parried a Haris Vuckic drive.

    David Gray's promising run and cross gave Hibs some hope but Paul Hanlon was not able to provide the finishing touch in front of goal.

    But having weathered the early Rangers pressure, the visitors took the lead. Lee Robinson saved bravely at the feet of Jason Cummings after Scott Allan has supplied the cross but the ball broke to Robertson (19) who found the back of the empty net from 15 yards.

    Kenny Miller walks off the pitch after picking up an injury
    Image: Miller: Subbed off due to injury

    Rangers were forced into an early change when Miller - who had looked to be in the mood - limped off to be replaced by Nicky Clark.

    Boyd then unleashed an angled shot to warm Oxley's gloves as Rangers continued to press without reward and Hibs seemed happy to hold what they had, waiting for the opportunity to strike on the break.

    Kenny McDowall
    Image: McDowall: Three straight defeats for Gers

    Vuckic went down in the box under pressure from Hanlon but there was no penalty forthcoming as Rangers continued to force the pace. Oxley produced the save of the night shortly after to keep out Sebastien Faure's header and Boyd twice went close with headers.

    Hibs were being pushed deeper and deeper but they were holding firm - Allan's clever free-kick finding the side-netting as a rare foray provided a brief respite.

    But the home fans' biggest fear was realised as substitute Fraser Fyvie burst clear to tee up Stevenson (82) and Robinson was unable to keep out his superb volleyed finish.

    Around Sky