Everton v Fulham preview: Slavisa Jokanovic urges bravery in bid to end Merseyside blues
Last Updated: 30/09/18 7:31am
Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic has said his players must "be brave" if they are to end the club's abysmal losing streak at Goodison Park.
Fulham can leapfrog their opponents with a win on Saturday, but the west Londoners have never recorded a league victory on the blue half of Merseyside, losing each of their last 21 visits.
Jokanovic expects another difficult afternoon but has urged his players to show courage against a side who have failed to win either of their last two home matches.
Play Super 6
Everton v Fulham is one of this weekend's Super 6 fixtures. Make your predictions HERE!
He said: "They are a good team. We are talking about a top six and if you add Everton, you are thinking about top seven.
"It's really complicated away from home, like the Etihad or Wembley. They are strong and experienced and we know it will be problematic there. Our job is to find a solution, push hard and fight for the victory.
"We are in a similar position to Everton and other Premier League teams, and we consider Saturday to be the next chance for us to be brave and I hope we can make this step.
"It's not my first trip, many years ago I played in this place. It's a fantastic place to play football. It's a complicated and tough opponent. We will arrive there with motivation and intention to fight for three points."
Goals can be expected at Goodison on Saturday. Despite the blank at Arsenal last time out, Everton have scored in ten of their past 11 Premier League games and conceded in each of their past eight.
The Toffees have won all 13 of their home Premier League matches against Fulham, but the Cottagers have an in-form striker in Aleksandar Mitrovic, who is the joint-top scorer in the Premier League this season alongside Eden Hazard.
Silva confirmed that Yerry Mina has suffered a setback after being on the receiving end of an accidental stamp from team-mate Bernard in training.
Both Mina and Seamus Coleman are expected to be back next week, but Phil Jagielka (knee) is out while Andre Gomes (hamstring) is close to making his first appearance since joining on loan from Barcelona.
Alfie Mawson faces a late fitness test before Fulham select their starting XI for Saturday's trip to Everton.
The defender is struggling with a back problem and could yet be replaced by the fit-again Tim Ream, who returned to Fulham's first team in Tuesday's 3-1 Carabao Cup victory at Millwall.
Midfielders Tom Cairney and Neeskens Kebano are expected to miss out again with ankle injuries.
- Everton have won seven and lost none of their last nine Premier League matches against Fulham (D2), since a 1-2 defeat at Craven Cottage in September 2009.
- Fulham have lost their last three league games against Everton - they have never lost four in a row against the Toffees.
- Everton have won all 13 of their Premier League home games against Fulham by an aggregate score of 32-7. It is the best 100% win record against a team on home soil in the competition.
- Fulham have never won away from home against Everton in league competition (D4 L22), losing each of the last 21 in a row.
- Everton have won their last 21 top-flight home games against Fulham - a record in English top division football.
- No player has scored more Premier League goals this season than Fulham's Aleksandar Mitrovic (5, level with Eden Hazard). Indeed, since the Serbian's debut for Fulham he's scored more goals than any other player in English league football (17).
- Everton midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson has been directly involved in three goals in three previous Premier League appearances against Fulham (two goals, one assist).
Everton are stuck in treacle at the moment and for Fulham, Mitrovic is scoring goals but I thought they were fortunate against Watford, who should have been out of sight before they made it 1-1.
Richarlison getting sent off has affected Everton, he was scoring and then he missed three games. When you look at his performances in games before that, you have to think where they'd be in the league if he was there. They started well, but that was down to him.
This is a massive game for Everton and the manager because if they're not beating Fulham after 20 minutes, the fans will start getting restless because like I said, they're stuck in treacle at the moment.
PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1 (15/2 with Sky Bet)